PDA

View Full Version : instalaltion of new shocks

81 clark racing
05-17-2007, 05:30 PM
ok i ordered my works triple rate at steelers for my 400ex today. when i get them can i just bolt them up and ride hard? or do i have a adj or anythin like that 2 them? hope they make a big diff ova stock like every1 says. only a trail rider so thanxs

81 clark racing
05-17-2007, 07:28 PM
somebody! , anybody!

kilgoja
05-17-2007, 08:38 PM
yeah i think u just bolt them on and go...that is if u got the kind i think u got...the ones that don't have any adjustment on them

NacsMXer
05-18-2007, 10:35 AM
Those shocks were the first aftermarket shocks I put on my 400EX back in the day. There is a big improvement over stock like you thought. No real adjustments on the AT steelers, just bolt up and go ride! I think they are a great trail/recreational shock that will allow you to do some moderate jumping as well. I used to drop in from literally 10ft up at this MX track with no real issues. Only reason I sold them was because I got into full-on MX riding and I soon began to outride the shocks. Overall, they are a nice improvement over stock that will handle almost anything you can throw at them just don't expect them to be a full race shock because they aren't. In your case being a trail rider I think you will be very happy with them over stock :)

81 clark racing
05-18-2007, 01:05 PM
ok good thats what i was hoping to hear. thanxs alot man

my88r
05-19-2007, 11:55 PM
there mite be a breakin period on them i would check that in the instructions