PDA

View Full Version : Honda Parking Brake Blockoff Leaking Brake Fluid 400ex

honda6490
05-16-2007, 08:13 PM
The Parking Brake Blockoff is leaking brake fluid, I threw in some gasket sealer a few hours ago to see if that would work, should there be like a rubber o ring around the shaft in there...there isnt one. Or is it just leaking because theres no gasket and the gasket sealer should do the trick once it works. Thanks for your help,

Zach

It obiously only bubbles out when I apply the brake hard, causing the rear brake system to loose its pressure therefore not working. Thanks again.

JOEX
05-16-2007, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by honda6490
The Parking Brake Blockoff is leaking brake fluid, I threw in some gasket sealer a few hours ago to see if that would work, should there be like a rubber o ring around the shaft in there...there isnt one. Or is it just leaking because theres no gasket and the gasket sealer should do the trick once it works. Thanks for your help,

Zach

It obiously only bubbles out when I apply the brake hard, causing the rear brake system to loose its pressure therefore not working. Thanks again.
Putting a gasket or sealer on the block off plate will only hide the problem. Having a gasket there will help prevent water and debris from getting in though.

The o-ring on the piston shaft probably needs to replaced. The caliper will have to be disassembled and the piston will need to be removed to replace the o-ring.

honda6490
05-20-2007, 11:46 AM
Yea I figured that, thanks for the help, I put a O-Ring on the part of the shaft that shows then used the gasket sealer to do it up. Works awsome for now, but I know its just hiding a problem.

Thanks for the help I appreciate it,

Zach

Titan1
05-22-2007, 05:34 PM
How can you put the block off plate on with the piston still in? I was going to put a plate on until I took the mechanism off to find the LONG piston sitting there. Just wondering and looking for some help.

JOEX
05-22-2007, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by Titan1
How can you put the block off plate on with the piston still in? I was going to put a plate on until I took the mechanism off to find the LONG piston sitting there. Just wondering and looking for some help.
That's the shaft behind and attached to the piston. The block off plate should have a recessed area that the shaft fits in. I had to grind a little bit of material off the shaft for mine to fit though.

honda6490
05-29-2007, 09:33 PM
Does anyone know what size o-ring Is needed for this?

JOEX
05-30-2007, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by honda6490
Does anyone know what size o-ring Is needed for this?
I don't remember the size but it's metric. If you can take the o-ring with you to an auto parts store and match it up.