PDA

View Full Version : White Brothers ESeries problems

motoxracer690
10-15-2002, 07:53 PM
I just sent my pipe back to white brothers due to some cracking arond the inlet and bracket... Has anyone experienced this?

If not, check it out. Looks like a defect... WB will replace for free...

BornOnFire
10-15-2002, 08:40 PM
That sucks. Have you been riding hard enough to possibly create the problem or do you think it is a factory defect?

motoxracer690
10-15-2002, 08:54 PM
I ride mostly in the desert next to the house... I don't race nor catch huge air... I do however ride like 3 times a week.

I was told that some of the 02 pipes were created weak and would be replaced if needed..

With that being said, I will be without a ride for a week... I also hope it will be returned before our Glamis trip in November. Would suck to ride the 2 weeler.

BornOnFire
10-15-2002, 08:59 PM
I haven't been to Glamis yet But I plan to as well in November. It's not very far from here!!

I'll have to keep an eye on my E-Series and see if mine has some of the same symptoms.....thanks.

10-15-2002, 11:35 PM
this happened to mine also. It did to a lot of riders that i know of. I just welded it back together

400grl
10-16-2002, 09:52 AM
Yep, same thing happened to the b.f's pipe on his Raptor - he had an E-series, it cracked all the way around where the midpipe is welded onto the pipe.......cracked completely off. We had it welded for a race, talked to WB - they said to send it back and they sent us an R-4 as a replacement at our request - had it to us within 4 days from went I sent ours back - great customer service.....

For those of you who have the E-Series pipes....I would suggest finding a thin rubber grommet/washer and placing that in between the mount on your quad and the bracket on the pipe......might help with the cracking problem.

I have an E-Series on my 400 and it's fine....I check it often - so far no cracks!

Corry

DarkStarRacing
10-16-2002, 10:38 AM
hey...how good is glamis, i mean i hear a ton of people go there, is it really packed and how often do you ride there...just curious thx:)

motoxracer690
10-16-2002, 11:23 AM
Galmis is like a drug... You go once... That's all you can think about.. The huge bowls, hills and kiler riding.

I try to go at least 3 times a year... Sometimes more... Some less..

Consider it the best dune riding next to the sahara!

I was actually a little freaked the first time due to the size of the bowls.... and I was on a 2 weeler..
:square

400grl
10-16-2002, 04:06 PM
Glamis IS a drug! I'm so hooked...I'm counting the days until I can go on Halloween weekend! I am taking a couple guys that have never been there before.....I can't wait to see their faces when they see what an immense place it is....and how many people are there! Night races are the best!

mcmike
10-16-2002, 05:09 PM
Mine broke were the pipe is welded to the silencer housing. Can't send it back right now, still race season. It broke three times, and the last welder I had TIG weld it said that the material were the weld is, was way too thin. Some of the guys I race with have a small factory bracket welded from the housing to the pipe for more support. Just wish mine would have been one of these newer models.