PDA

View Full Version : Is this info right about the 450??

GE4x4
05-16-2007, 06:49 PM
Found these on another forum from a guy who races with a guy that races for Can-Am.

Can Am DS 450. All alum frame, bolted together=considerably stronger than any gusseted frames offered by any other OEM. Dry weight is 345lbs, 5 lbs lighter than the previous winner of this category, the new Kawi 450(sorry Kawi, outdid again). The engine puts out 47 hp stock, it is a single cylinder 449cc EFI engine. Fuel maps and such are easily changed for adding go-fast stuff like pipes and such. All alum swingarm, new ITP wheels and tires come stock. Oh yeah, it is the fastest sport bike available.

I was expecting under 340lbs, but with ITP tires and wheels will make it heavier. They could do the Dunflop like everyone else does to keep weight down, but doesn't last long once you throw on real tires. Mapping sounds like the C-dale, which should be nice. But I guess will see in a few weeks if this is true.

rollie
05-16-2007, 06:53 PM
sounds legit, im really interested in this bike, maybe when my honda gets old ill buy a ds450, only problem is the closest dealer is in NH like4 hours away

GE4x4
05-16-2007, 07:00 PM
One in Milford and one in Rindge NH. Both right near the Mass line.

rollie
05-16-2007, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by GE4x4
One in Milford and one in Rindge NH. Both right near the Mass line.

oh nice, milfords not to far, thanks for the info:cool:

TWILES
05-17-2007, 11:21 AM
I like the sound of 47 hp.

woodsracer144
05-19-2007, 10:03 PM
i dont think a famre that held together with bolts will last the tought cond. that some racers put them in. but kne the welded ones are cracking all the time but i think that a bolted oen will be able to strip the bolting spots, crack brake the bolts off and vibe loose, im also thing this is gonna be takeing a big cunka of money... well have to see what happends, i have a killer idea for a frame but i need more tools and i still have some work to do on it...its kick *** if i can get a drawing from my school i will...

ThePhantomRider
05-20-2007, 04:49 AM
Originally posted by woodsracer144
i dont think a famre that held together with bolts will last the tought cond. that some racers put them in. but kne the welded ones are cracking all the time but i think that a bolted oen will be able to strip the bolting spots, crack brake the bolts off and vibe loose, im also thing this is gonna be takeing a big cunka of money... well have to see what happends, i have a killer idea for a frame but i need more tools and i still have some work to do on it...its kick *** if i can get a drawing from my school i will...

No offence but you are seriously misinformed, and I'd wait on designing frames till you can either spell, learn how to type or at least master proper grammer, even when using computer chat slang.

TPR
TPR