PDA

View Full Version : ac propeg quality and durability

DarkStarRacing
10-15-2002, 07:29 PM
Hey I just got my new ac pro pegs and installed them and everything i just have a couple of questions. How strong are they? They are on nice and snug but i was wondering if when i get on and off if i can step on the end of the bars or will that bend them? Also do u think the bolts are gunna be rattling off them from riding a lot? Thanks

ny300exrider
10-15-2002, 07:32 PM
how much did you pay for them even though i dont need them yet but places are now selling them for over 300$. Also were did you buy it from and how long did it take. Sorry for the questions.
thanks alot....btw i live on li too haha.

DarkStarRacing
10-15-2002, 07:34 PM
order form nacs!!!! They are a little more exp[ensive but since were in ny u get them in 2 days. I paid 209 plus shipping. They are the new style ac too not the old ones.

Quadfather
10-15-2002, 09:06 PM
I just got mine from Marcum's ATV. $170 shipped to my door.

*FoX*KiD*
10-15-2002, 09:26 PM
hey DarkStarRacing got nepics of your ac;s i was thinkin of getting some but iono i wanna see them not so up close

and whats new about the pro pegs

DarkStarRacing
10-16-2002, 05:27 AM
the heel kicks have holes in them...... the peg is a little wider........ and the pattern of spikes is and x instead of vvvvvv. they look sick

unstopable1
10-16-2002, 06:13 AM
You can get them from atvaddiction.com for $175

DarkStarRacing
10-16-2002, 10:17 AM
yea nacs is overpriced but its close to me so the ground shippin is like 2 days :D

mxracer111
10-16-2002, 10:54 AM
here

mxracer111
10-16-2002, 10:56 AM
this is the major change of the propegs. i also sell them on ebay.....my price is cheaper than Atv addictions. email me and i will also sell them outside of ebay. thanks alot mxracer111@aol.com

Wingnut
10-16-2002, 12:54 PM
mxracer111, I have a question for you. I got my new pro pegs about a month ago and the problem I have with them is that the steel part that bolts to the frame seems to be too small. The steel tube is about a 1/4 inch smaller than the inside of the aluminum tube. It is impossible for me to get the nerfs tight and there is a little wobble in both of them. Is this normal? I race XC and it does not bother me, but I would never feel comfortable with them on a MX track since they just don't feel solid.

mxracer111
10-16-2002, 12:58 PM
that is a problem....and they should not be like that. can you slide your nerfs off and take some measurements for me. measure the outter diameter of the steel part that bolts to the frame and also measure the inside diameter of the aluminum tube that slides onto it. ill check the measurements of the sets i have here and we can figure out which is wrong. the sets that i have on my quads, and the other sets that i have installed have always been rather tight, or snug fitting. you can also drill a hole through them and put a bolt in. i usually do that anyway for safety reasons.

Wingnut
10-16-2002, 01:57 PM
The measurements are are: 1in OD for the steel and 1 1/8in ID for the aluminum. So, not quite the 1/4 in difference I said earlier. I actually have two bolts in each, one horizontal and one vertical. The vertical one is not doing any good, and I am going to see if I can find a place for another horrizontal. The up and down freeplay in the nerfs is 3/4 of in inch at the AC sticker.

mxracer111
10-16-2002, 02:00 PM
ok i prolly wont get to measure a set till the weeknd myself. but if you want.....i know that i have a brand new set of steel mounts, with mounting hardware sitting at my shop, i have extras. if i find that they are bigger, maybe we can work some thing out. ill let you know what i find

10-16-2002, 02:00 PM
the peg bracket was a little loose on mine but when i was done mounting everything was solid. Try puting tape around the peg then slide it on to make it snug

10-16-2002, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by DarkStarRacing
i was wondering if when i get on and off if i can step on the end of the bars or will that bend them? Also do u think the bolts are gunna be rattling off them from riding a lot? Thanks

I was wondering the same thing. i usually step on the peg to be safe

mxracer111
10-16-2002, 02:05 PM
i step on the outer edge of the bars all the time. my nerfs are mounted on there as tight as can be. i have used these for over 2 years now......they havent given me any problems yet. i ve never had a bolt come loose either. just make sure you tighten everything up propely. and an added suggestion drill a hole through the footpeg and throught the steel mount and put a bolt through it as an added safety measure. it will make things stronger too.

10-16-2002, 02:07 PM
yea i have it mounted good. Its got the engine mount bolt, the heelkick and through the peg.

BigDog400ex
10-17-2002, 03:30 PM
i ran a carriage bolt through the middle of my front tubes between the motor mounts it helped a lot, that new design is smeet wish i had them, still got the old ones.