PDA

View Full Version : Was thinking about getting the LRD pro 4r

Chew Spit
05-16-2007, 02:51 PM
I was thinking about gettin the pro4r full system, k&n filter kit, and remove the air box lid.... i got a few questions though

first of all, does anyone have any feedback on the LRD pipe im looking at?

Once i started lurking around in this forum, i noticed the pipes people are talking about (ross, dasa, sparks)

I was thinking about gettin the dasa pipe, but damn, its hard to find where to order one for an 05... found one for the 06, can i make it work on my 05?

Last question.... After i get the pipe, what would be the next mod, (best bang for my buck)

Hrc Kit? hot cam?...

And if im not talking like i know about quads, its cuz i dont, im new to working on these things, i have a mechanical background because a wheeling (trucks) but thats about it....

thx for any help... and sorry for such a longwinded post

450madman
05-17-2007, 11:44 AM
I know it's not the full system, but I just installed the LRD pro4 slip-on and I love it, but then again I haven't tried any other brand.
I have an 05 with the HRC kit and the slip on gave me power in the low to mid range where the hrc cam didn't and it sounds awesome and looks good to.
The HRC kit made a huge difference to me and it all depends on your riding style on wich cam to get. I read that the HCII makes more power low to mid and falls short of the HRC on top. Thats why I installed the slip-on so I have the best of both worlds.
Hope this helps

trx250r180
05-17-2007, 11:26 PM
get the pro4r,its got the grey silencer,i guess some people had complaints on the silver ones stripping holes ,im running complete lrd and hrc kit i have an 05,run jets lrd recomends and you will have a good runnning easy to ride engine,the 06 pipes are different

400exrider707
05-18-2007, 06:02 AM
My buddy had an early model LRD on his 05 450R and it was a POS, I guess they have updated the design so I really cant comment on that, but from what I've seen so far, I would stay away from LRD. JMO.

ohguy79
05-18-2007, 07:20 AM
I have a pro 4 I bought in 04 when I bought my bike. I couldn't be happier. It is not a POS. It fits goods, sounds good, and performs good. Lrd makes a quality product. I love mine.

chris46250r
05-18-2007, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by ohguy79
I have a pro 4 I bought in 04 when I bought my bike. I couldn't be happier. It is not a POS. It fits goods, sounds good, and performs good. Lrd makes a quality product. I love mine.

Same here.

DJJ450r
05-18-2007, 08:54 AM
I raced a GNCC with my friends bike and the motor was stock except for the LRD full pipe. It pulled hard out of corners and has great low end power. I have a rossier on my bike and I'm thinkin about switchin. the LRD is so smooth on power and its a lot quieter.:macho

400exrider707
05-18-2007, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by DJJ450r
I raced a GNCC with my friends bike and the motor was stock except for the LRD full pipe. It pulled hard out of corners and has great low end power. I have a rossier on my bike and I'm thinkin about switchin. the LRD is so smooth on power and its a lot quieter.:macho

I will agree to this, the LRD my buddy had, though it fell apart, it did have a smooth linear pull with good bottom end.

trx250r180
05-18-2007, 09:28 AM
if i remember right when 04 450s just came out ,a lot of companys had problems with pipes not just lrd,as with anything new takes some r&d to get bugs worked out,ive known arlen for years and he focuses on lots of r&d and rideable power ,yeah you can look for a pipe that has higher hp numbers ,but if you hop on the bike and ride it is a whole different thing,id rather have a good running easy to ride power than a bike on steroids thats fryin the tires everywhere and wearing you out riding it,plus even with the quiet core out is not overly loud

400exrider707
05-18-2007, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by trx250r180
if i remember right when 04 450s just came out ,a lot of companys had problems with pipes not just lrd,as with anything new takes some r&d to get bugs worked out,ive known arlen for years and he focuses on lots of r&d and rideable power ,yeah you can look for a pipe that has higher hp numbers ,but if you hop on the bike and ride it is a whole different thing,id rather have a good running easy to ride power than a bike on steroids thats fryin the tires everywhere and wearing you out riding it,plus even with the quiet core out is not overly loud

What other companies were having problems? just wondering. Our problem wasn't an issue with power, the pipe itself just kept falling apart.

Chew Spit
05-18-2007, 03:12 PM
My buddy just put one his bike the other day... His is puking air out of the seam on the can, that is closest to the head pipe...

Seems like some really mixed reviews...

all this talk about Dasa... im kinda leaning in that direction right now..

thx for the feedback

450R22
05-18-2007, 08:26 PM
I am running the LRD PRO4R and no complaints at all!
The power is smooth and continuous thru the whole RPM.
Also the ballistic coated silencer is maintenance free.

daniel_beck
05-21-2007, 12:37 PM
i have one too its a good pipe only down fall on mine though was there a plastic cover over thelrd emblem and it said not to powerwash the can and i forgot and the plastic came off the emblem other than that its pulls good but i havent rode an r with a differnt pipe though also

400exrider707
05-21-2007, 12:53 PM
My buddies, and I know others, have had problems with the labels losing their colors, which most pipes do, but it happened like in the first few hours. I know they will send you another one, but that one did it too, did LRD fix this on the new pipes?

Prey
05-21-2007, 01:11 PM
i have had nmotion gen 1, sparks bc, fmf ti4 and lrd pro 4 and 2 stroke exhaust,

sparks is the only one i havent had quality issues with yet, i have one on my 05 and my 06, the 05 motor and pipe has absolutely no ride time on it yet so we will see how it holds up.

the fmf split down the seam on the bottom of the can and blew the whole end of the exhaust off where the end cap was supposed to mount after i put the fmf quit core in it

the nmotion header pipe broke at the 1st weld

the lrd 2 stroke exhaust can broke where the mid pipe enters the silencer

the lrd pro-4 stripped all the bolts and holes along with the tag issue

Flodies400ex
05-21-2007, 03:01 PM
yea I have had issues with this company and the welding broke on the lower mounting lol so I send it back and got a brand new pipe and also I been blowing out the packing in about every 15 hours and the pipe that broke all the screws just fell out so I wouldnt get the lrd

trx250r180
05-21-2007, 03:24 PM
they must have it fixed with the grey ones pro4r race version,i have had no label problems ,here is photo of style i have ,sorry its only one i have that shows pipe from race track,and packing is staying in just fine,if jet too lean could have a problem blowing packing sooner,i am running jets lrd recomended for sea level and have ridden sea level clear to 3000 feet and runs fine and doesnt burn paint off emblem

Chew Spit
05-21-2007, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Flodies400ex
yea I have had issues with this company and the welding broke on the lower mounting lol so I send it back and got a brand new pipe and also I been blowing out the packing in about every 15 hours and the pipe that broke all the screws just fell out so I wouldnt get the lrd

damn dude... What do you have against commas and periods? :eek2: lol

Chew Spit
05-21-2007, 10:57 PM
I'm going with dasa then an hrc kit... and a k&n...

That should get me started atleast.