PDA

View Full Version : Will not start

elitechassis
05-16-2007, 11:41 AM
Hello everyone. I am new here and have a little big problem. Here is a little overview. I have a 06 King Quad 700. I have rolled it once. This twisted the frame and did 1500 dollars worth of damage. It has a brand new frame and many new parts. The other day I washed it and it has not been right since. It acted like the battery was dead and would not start so we charged it. It worked fine but each day it got worse to start. Now it will not start or even turn over. In the dash it now reads CHEC below the miles. The winch and lights still work like the battery is fine. I called the dealer today and they said that I fried the computer cluster because I got water in it. I am confused because I thought I bought something that was made to handle mud and water. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

firefighterjosh
05-16-2007, 06:00 PM
Welcome and sorry about your quad.

I would try unplugging every connector you can find and apply Dielectrical grease to them all.

My battery did something similar. If kept getting weaker and weaker. Eventually my king wouldn't start.

battery article (http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=285699)

See what happends and let us know:)

dirtlife
05-16-2007, 11:12 PM
I had the same thing happen on one of my o5's. It died on the trail and never restarted. We had to tow it back about 3 miles through the trails with our other KQ.

Turned out the computer was bad. Mine was one of the early 05's and had a computer recall. So, it was the recalled computer that failed.

The machine had never been abused or barely even gotten wet.

I personally think that some of the computers went bad for no reason. Anyway, Suzuki stood behind it and replaced the computer so technically I am on my third computer now with about 1000 miles of use.

The display also went bad with moisture behind the lens. It was after a washing that my son did. Suzuki also replaced it at no charge.

FI is great when it works. But when it doesn't it just doesn't period. Not a good feeling if you are on a trail etc.

To Suzuki, all they had to know was that the machine was used and not abused which my dealer vouched for both times.

One more thought...do you know that rectangular plastic box on the left rear of your machine? It fits a rolled up tow strap perfectly! We don't leave home without them:-)

elitechassis
05-17-2007, 08:00 AM
Thanks for the help. I spent some time on the phone yesterday with Suzuki and also with the dealer. Suzuki would not tell me anything until I took it to a shop and the dealer is sticking to their story about the computer cluster. I ended up ordering a new computer for $184. They called back and said that they made a mistake and there are actually two computers for the 06's. Mine is the first one and costs $250.

Also on 1/9/07 I placed a big order for parts to fix it from the roll. Yesterday 5/16/07, I got the last part from the order. The only problem is they (Suzuki) packed the wrong part. They said that the correct part is on its way.

Just so everyone is clear I really like this bike. Up until now it has done everything I want it to. From general riding to pulling my 8000# Pro Stock Diesel truck around.

Once again thanks for the help and I will let you know what it took to fix it.