PDA

View Full Version : New Linkin Park CD

Quad18star
05-16-2007, 07:32 AM
Anyone have the new Linkin Park - Minutes to Midnight CD ?? It was released yesturday but I didn't buy it .... I was wondering if it's worth the money or not.

450raider
05-16-2007, 07:42 AM
i was thinkin the same thing, i am a linkin park fan but i heard that "what ive done" song and am not too impressed with it mainly because it just got that short dude singing in it (its still morning, cant remember names) and im thinking they might have let that other singer guy go so im wondering about the cd overall.

Quad18star
05-16-2007, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by 450raider
i was thinkin the same thing, i am a linkin park fan but i heard that "what ive done" song and am not too impressed with it mainly because it just got that short dude singing in it (its still morning, cant remember names) and im thinking they might have let that other singer guy go so im wondering about the cd overall.

I just downloaded the CD .... I've listened to a couple songs now ... very mellow. The song Hands Held High sounds so much like an Eminem song ( Soldiers I think)

Edit** The more I listen to it , the CD has a strong political stance. It's actually not that bad of an album. Even though I downloaded it , I'll go and buy it.

LTR450_#67
05-16-2007, 08:58 AM
I have the CD. They have a different sound to them but you can still tell its LP. They are just more grown up now. They do have a political stance....Look at their video for "What I've Done"....it has a lot of global issues in it. I like "Shadow of the Day" leading into "What I've done".

The band didn't break up or lose any members.

XCAdam89
05-16-2007, 01:14 PM
I have it, and I had mixed feelings at first. On first listening to it, I hated it frankly. It was a lot of quiet songs, and nothing really up beat except for maybe one or two songs.

The more I listen to it, the more it grows on me though. The lyrics are great, and you can tell they really thought out what they wanted to say in them.

In short, don't toss the idea of getting the CD completely just because it's not like their other work. It's still good, but it's not what I initially expected from them.

CHEVYZ
05-16-2007, 02:04 PM
I haven't gotten it yet, but I have been thinking about it. I don't know about their new stuff yet, though. The more I listen to it the more it grows on me, but it really doesn't remind me much of their old stuff. I think their earlier stuff was sooo much better.

XCAdam89
05-16-2007, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by CHEVYZ
I think their earlier stuff was sooo much better.

10-4!!!

trX250eXmXr28
05-16-2007, 03:12 PM
i bought it and at first i only liked a few songs.. but once u start listening to the lyrics of the other songs it grows on u..

there are 2 songs on there like there old stuff and the rest is there new sound.. im a huge LP fan and i like it.. just had to give it a 2nd chance

BlaineKaiser450
05-16-2007, 06:11 PM
I just got it and its pretty good but not really hard enough for me.