PDA

View Full Version : A family member of Breezewood will be missed

Pappy
05-16-2007, 07:22 AM
"Champ", long time friend and mascot of the Proving Grounds died monday at the track, when he was accidentally run over by the water truck. He will be missed by the regulars that frequent the facility, especially by Dan and family. I know I will miss him keeping me company when I cook the pigs for the pig roasts:(

You will be missed Champ!

STEVENJANNA
05-16-2007, 07:38 AM
That's terrible, he was so cool (the little that I knew him). He scared the crap out of me the first time I saw him. He decided he was going to come "check" us out at about 10:30pm and I thought he was there to eat me by the way he snuck up behind me. He was a wonderful fella and made us feel welcome.

JRP
05-16-2007, 08:37 AM
ahh man:( He was the coolest dog at the track. I remember when that kid got hit by the quad and was laying on the ground right after the dinning hall table champ walked up tryin to see if the kid was alright, but dan kicked him out, lol. Man thast horrible:( RIP Champ

Pappy
05-16-2007, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by JRP
ahh man:( He was the coolest dog at the track. I remember when that kid got hit by the quad and was laying on the ground right after the dinning hall table champ walked up tryin to see if the kid was alright, but dan kicked him out, lol. Man thast horrible:( RIP Champ

the above posted picture is from that day, infact Champ was laying on the berm overlooking the kid.

insaneracin2003
05-16-2007, 09:37 AM
Sorry for your loss Dan.:(

mxdad
05-16-2007, 09:42 AM
That sucks!!! I was just telling my wife about him and how great of a dog he was. RIP Champ!!!

wvspeedfreak
05-16-2007, 09:47 AM
Sorry to hear about Champ.He was a cool dog.

moto04racing
05-16-2007, 09:53 AM
what a sweet dog... sorry..

i had a harder time putting my dog down then when my grandpa died

<DRS>GPF
05-16-2007, 11:41 AM
im sorry for your loss..

its hard to find true friends that close to the heart and it hurts to lose them..

416exfreak
05-16-2007, 01:11 PM
Man, i know how dan feels.

My 15 year old pit bull "bob" died yesterday...i didnt even go to school today...i still dont feel to great...

Im sorry for your loss Dan, and I know your pain buddy:(

ATV Chic
05-16-2007, 01:15 PM
Beautiful dog, sorry for your loss dan :(

gbcap
05-16-2007, 01:27 PM
loosing a pet is definatly like loosing one of the family...sorry about your loss dan. Champ will be missed, and you will have quite a few more bones in your trash now that he isn't there to eat them!

WhiteYFZ
05-16-2007, 02:06 PM
sorry for the loss dan. he was a awesome dog!

ZeroLogic
05-16-2007, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by sexyatvchic
Beautiful dog, sorry for your loss dan :(

YFZ133
05-16-2007, 03:14 PM
wow, thats horrible !!!! sorry for ur lose, i own a boarding kennel, theirs nothin better than the unconditional love of a pet , and champ was awsome!!!! rip champ !!!! hang in their dan!!!

Doober
05-16-2007, 03:18 PM
dang i remember champ from the labor day ride, i was looking forward to see him this time around too.....sorry for your loss dan

NPelletier
05-16-2007, 03:47 PM
sorry to hear that:(

RIP

winters126
05-16-2007, 04:51 PM
I am so bummed to hear this news. My gang will definitely miss him at the proving grounds. We would always crack up because as soon as we would start up our grill, Champ would come running to us! He was a beautiful and great dog and I will miss him.

cletusEX
05-16-2007, 07:02 PM
That sucks! That was one cool dog. He snuck up on me a few times wrenching on the quad, only looking for a snack. I've personally only had to bury one dog and it brought me to my knees something fierce. But there have been a few good hunting "buddies" that haven't made it over the years and I like to think that there is a special place for all good dogs. Rest in Peace Champ!:(

BPG-Amanda
05-16-2007, 10:03 PM
Thank you to everyone for all of the replies.
We definetly lost a huge part of our family this week and it has been very hard. He will be greatly missed at our home and by all of the riders that have come here and met our lover boy, Champ.
We love you Big Boy!!

dan harris
05-17-2007, 06:53 AM
Thank you everyone for your thoughts, its appreciated. Monday was truly a tragic day at the park. Probally the worst day of my life. I had champ since he was a few weeks old. For 10 years he was my best buddy, following me everywhere. I honestly can not remember him ever doing anything bad, except maybe the occasional digging in the trash, and of course pee-ing on everyones tires. He was a great companion, friend and protector, and I'll never be able to explain how much I love him and will miss him. God speed Champ - I love you big boy !!!

diangelo#67
05-18-2007, 09:06 AM
sorry to hear this he was a beutiful rotty