PDA

View Full Version : aluminum frame pics?

sha_rob_27
05-16-2007, 12:08 AM
anyone on here have pics of aluminum frames from like cannondales, the new kawi, or the lrd attitude for the 250r?? i am starting the design of my senior project in college...i am going to do an aluminum framed ktm 525sx.....its gonna be a ton of work, but its gonna be so worth it...thanks for the help guys!!! shaun

Ron89
05-16-2007, 03:21 AM
Someone did something similar on the Cannondale forums...
http://forums.cannondaler.com/viewtopic.php?t=6122&highlight=ktm
A couple members have done this with success now, so I would save some time/money and ask them how they did it.

Mean250r
05-16-2007, 01:12 PM
my cousins 250r, sick *** bike and scarrrry fast

400exrider707
05-16-2007, 01:30 PM
I would try it with a cannondale frame, the LRD attitude is probably not a good idea, 1) because you would be hacking up a very expensive and very cool frame! 2) because it will be way more work than any other frame. Putting a four stroke motor in an aluminum frame designed for a 2 stroke is hard for many reasons. It puts out much more tractable power and will tear the frame apart, literally. The frame is also built lower for a 2 stroke motor, and a taller 4 stroke motor is going to be harder to retro-fit into there, and even if you do, you will run into more problems with gas tanks/intake setups/carb setups/accessory oil tanks and so on. If you do want to run the 4 stroke motor try a cannondale frame, or get a steel frame designed for a four stroke.;)

sha_rob_27
05-16-2007, 02:20 PM
thanks for the pic and the link...im not actually going to be putting it into a existing frame, im going to be designing an aluminum one for my senior project...but i am trying to take some ideas and put them all into one frame...thanks again, shaun