PDA

View Full Version : motorcycle crashes

rancherrider69
05-15-2007, 08:40 PM
alright guys i gotta write a paper about motor cycle crashes and y to wear safety gear i want any stories that have to do with crashes and if the person was wearing safety gear or not and if there injures were bad or fatal i would also like pics of crashes i no there was some on here a while back of a guy that got cut in half if anyone has them i would like them... thanks guys

CRich[814]
05-15-2007, 08:49 PM
brother. '06 kawi 636. 45mph on a turn, hit a racoon. bike slid out. jeans, normal shoes, joe rocket jacket, high quality helmet (shoei) and he walked away 100% fine. had to fix ferrings (i work in a car dealership, so bodyshop did it), had to buy oem paint, had to buy oem decals, and thats about it. mirrors and bar ends and a few other small things too. we have the bike perfect right now. and now it has frame sliders haha.

his friend was riding a sv650, jacket and helmet. blanked out. no one has any idea what happened. we know he wrecked and didnt get hurt besides just passing out. daytime, bayfront highway.

Robin Hood
05-15-2007, 09:04 PM
Ugh, I just got home from a Motorcycle Accident Rescue scene. I'm on the local fire squad/EMT and this cruiser did about 60 into the rear of a stationary dump truck. Almost kept him alive but suffocated on the blood build up in his lungs.

Guys please pay attention on the road. From what I was told he just glanced back for a second and that's all it took for him to veer off onto the side road and hit this truck.. :(

Regular_Joe
05-16-2007, 06:56 AM
Too many factors to list. You never know what will happen. My brother was killed last year on his bike and he had full gear. It was a lady on her cell phone that caused it of course. She and her husband were doctors at a local hospital. She just wasn't paying attention for a second. He had no broken bones, no road rash, nothing. The incident was totally survivable. The wiper blade on the car somehow stabbed a vein in his neck and that was it. He didn't have a chance even w/ those two doctors right there on the scene.

Generally when people wear gear they are fine in a crash. Watch the pro's race and they go down at 100+ and hop right up like nothing. The issue is what you hit in a crash. As long as you don't hit anything and you have gear on, your injuries are minor 99% of the time.

05-16-2007, 08:49 AM
My uncle was on a motor cycle drunk. Lost control hit a curb crashed and the bike landed right on his head and he had no helmet. He needed brain sergery. He had to relearn every thing all over again didn't even know his own wife or who he was. When the doctor asked him what happend his exact words were "I fell down n went boom" :eek2:

Ryan
05-16-2007, 09:32 AM
All im gonna say is, Helmets saves lives! The picture below is a car I got into an accident riding on a dirtroad near Lake George, NY.

Road was only narrow enough for one car to fit, not to mention they were speeding there asses off.

Heres where my head hit. Cracked up helmet right up. But my head felt completely fine, besides a little headache.

Ryan
05-16-2007, 09:35 AM
Im wondering if I had a chest protecter, would my back have been injured? I have 2 hurniated (sp?) disks and a pinched nerve in my back.. I havn't done any riding since :( .

Heres a few more of the car.. Don't have pictures of the ATV. Not much was damaged on the atv.

Ryan
05-16-2007, 09:37 AM
The car hit me when I had the atv completely sideways. I hit the windsheild and flew right over the car. I lost my shoe during that accident, and never found it :confused: .

400exrider707
05-16-2007, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Ryan
I lost my shoe during that accident, and never found it :confused: .

You probably kicked them off in a fit of joy...

Your lucky man, how fast were you going? A chest protector probably would have helped a lot. This is a prime example of why you should always wear every single piece of safety equipment you own, you just never know whats goign to happen, I mean no one goes out for a ride and expects to be hit by a car!

I cant believe the airbag went off!!!

moto04racing
05-16-2007, 10:22 AM
i had a bad crash on my 80 this weekend.. I was fully geared except i was wearing a t shirt instead of a jersey. But i washed out and went right over the bars. completley flipped. Landed about 14-16 feet from my bike and my dad said i was about 8 ft in the air.. Came down like i was diving into the water on my shoulder and head. Concussion but atleast i didnt break my skull. If i wasnt wearing a chest protector there would have been lots of breaks on the right side of my body.

Ryan
05-16-2007, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider707
You probably kicked them off in a fit of joy...

Your lucky man, how fast were you going? A chest protector probably would have helped a lot. This is a prime example of why you should always wear every single piece of safety equipment you own, you just never know whats goign to happen, I mean no one goes out for a ride and expects to be hit by a car!

I cant believe the airbag went off!!!

My 416ex wasn't running, so I toke out my buddies utility quad. It had a speedo, said I was doing about 40mph, and the other car comming right towards me, was doing about the same.

I didn't see one car the hole ride, until this speedin pos comes flyin around the corner. I never seen it commin.

sly400ex
05-16-2007, 03:26 PM
My 416ex wasn't running, so I toke out my buddies utility quad. It had a speedo, said I was doing about 40mph, and the other car comming right towards me, was doing about the same.

I didn't see one car the hole ride, until this speedin pos comes flyin around the corner. I never seen it commin.

Hey man, how are you doing otherwise? I still think about how your life took a turn after your accident.

Ryan
05-16-2007, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by sly400ex
Hey man, how are you doing otherwise? I still think about how your life took a turn after your accident.

Well i've been doing good. I have a job lined up in June doing kitchens. I've been lookin for work for over 5 months. I had a temporary job doing farm work last week. Due to my back, and lifting 100's of 50 pound bags of onions, I ended up back to the doctor. I can't due consistent heavy lifting like that. So that job didn't work out.

I met this beautiful women in January, and its really helped me stay clean and on the right track. We have about a ten year age difference, (me younger). We've been together for 4 months and its been going great.

Thanks for asking :cool: ..

Trx250rider86
05-16-2007, 09:29 PM
The car hit me when I had the atv completely sideways. I hit the windsheild and flew right over the car. I lost my shoe during that accident, and never found it :confused: .

did you check the drivers @SS

Ryan
05-16-2007, 10:06 PM
I was a little bit in shock, and in pain. I should have!

I then found out, the guy who hit me, was our neighbor, of the house we were staying at. The road was so narrow in that section, that 2 atvs would be likely to collide going in oposite directions. In a way, it was both of our faults, and an accident that just couldn't be avoid. It could have been less painfull if we were both going slower, but we still would have hit. The corner was sharp and blind.