PDA

View Full Version : Ball Joint help (burgard)

national425ex
05-15-2007, 08:05 PM
I snapped a ball joint at my last race. I have been looking for some new ball joints. I know I can go to the parts store and get vw bug tierods. But is that going to hold up over all the jumps? Should I get some houser ball joints for my arms? I just dont want this to happen again. I kinda hurt a little bit when I went over the front and the bike landed on me. Any info will be nice. I did search but didnt find to much about how reliable the vw bug joints are.

F-16Guy
05-15-2007, 09:48 PM
I remember something about a late 1970's Ford Courier tie rod end working well; you might research that a little.

Les Davis
05-15-2007, 09:59 PM
Hope this helps. I've been trying to buy ball joints from this worthless piece of crap at Burgard for the last 2 months with no luck. I've called and left messages several times and even spoke to Izzy on the phone and I still havent even been able to get ball joints. Even my local dealer who had his cell number and knew him personally unsuccesfully had any luck with reaching him. This has to be the worst customer service ever. Here is a previous link to a similar post with some helpful info. Good luck, anyone have some spare ball joints for sale? I will never recommend Burgard products to a single person that I ever come across.

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=293551

400exrider707
05-16-2007, 08:30 AM
The regular base model burgard arms are just not meant to take the serious abuse of racing. The lower ball joints are very weak. He does sell an upgraded arm that uses a bigger ball joint on the bottom like the housers use, but you will not be able to fit anything stronger into your arms, you are better off just buying a bunch of VW tie rod ends.:ermm:

elementryder
05-17-2007, 06:04 PM
vw tie rod ends work great

JW450R1
05-19-2007, 04:22 PM
Take out a old b/j and take it down to the auto parts store.They can match it up.Yeah that BURGARD for that one.