PDA

View Full Version : tires

rooney
05-15-2007, 05:40 PM
ok i need to no the best or easiest way to break down the rear tires off my itp rims ive already had it done at the local tire shop but they screwed up my rims so bad i had to buy new ones and no one else has a tire machine ive heard of the bead breakers but thats a lot of money for something ill us once in a while and ive treied runin them over with the truck and using a handy man jack if u have ne ideas please post ne help will be much appreciated

Ruby Soho
05-15-2007, 06:15 PM
use some big c clamps and squeeze it off.. worked for me like a charm

hemi400ex
05-15-2007, 07:13 PM
remove all the air and use a bottle jack, put it as close to the rim as u can then lift ur truck, the bead will break before the truck will lift, thats how we break beads out in the field in the army and to set the bead, run a rachet strap around the tire tighten it intil its close to the rim spray carb cleaner around the rim and tire, hold a lighter up and spray the pop will set the tire. make sure u have a air pump running air into the tire to start filling when the bead sets combat way to change a tire

kamikaze-rider
05-15-2007, 11:15 PM
i put a 2x6 on the tire and run up it with your truck the 2x6 makes all the difference if it dont pop off i used a chunk of wood and pounded around the rim while your truck is on it, works great the fronts are a pain in the *** but raise them up by puting a few 2x4s under the rim and it works great

rigger
05-17-2007, 07:18 PM
i used a tire change tool/stand from harbor freight. once i figured out the tricks to making it work, like bolting the stand down on a piece of plywood for one, it worked great. breaking the bead on the front tires seemed to be harder than the rear. I used a 50/50 mix of simple green for a lube and popped the tires on and off with out to much of a problem. to seat them, more simple green and fill with air. bead seated with no problems.

400ex_rider13
05-17-2007, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by kamikaze-rider
i put a 2x6 on the tire and run up it with your truck the 2x6 makes all the difference if it dont pop off i used a chunk of wood and pounded around the rim while your truck is on it, works great the fronts are a pain in the *** but raise them up by puting a few 2x4s under the rim and it works great

ya, i second that.. it was shown is quad magazine, it will work.

drag93ex
05-18-2007, 12:06 PM
2x4 and truck??

hondarider101
05-18-2007, 02:26 PM
hit em w/ a sledge hammer,pry it off ,put new onbes on:D