PDA

View Full Version : Gas Prices

77racerdad
05-15-2007, 12:48 PM
IS THIS GOING TO KEEP SOME FROM GOING TO THE BIG NATIONALS ???? OR WILL YOU JUST DRIVE ON. I CAN SEE MY CASH FLOW GOING OUT THE TAILPIPE. WE JUST GO 40 TO 50 MILES TO RACE.:confused: :confused: :confused: THIS SUCK:ermm: :ermm: :ermm: :( :( :(

forgiven
05-15-2007, 02:58 PM
Your government will be quick to point out that Europe pays those type of prices...What they won't tell you is that it goes to support their health care.

Livin4Real
05-15-2007, 03:33 PM
I get around 15mpg towing which is nice when I literally know guys that basically pay $1 a mile to run some of their rigs. But I guess if you can afford a $500,000 rv/double stacker setup then you can afford to pay a buck a mile, lol. Too bad I'm not one of them :rolleyes: We save about $30 for every 5 gallons of gas for the cobra since we can run it on pump gas now instead of having to buy race gas so were breaking even on the fuel increase.

motoxgirl419
05-15-2007, 06:29 PM
I am outraged at the gas prices. It's ridiculous how they have us backed up in a corner.
With my daughter breaking her arm, and her missing half of the WPSA races, we aren't going to waste our time nor money, trying to make the rest of those races. They are all far away and she isn't in the points anyway. We'll just hit more local ones for her to get her seat time in, and hopefully be back full swing next season.
Unless you carpool, it's horrible to try and make the big races.

FASTDAD-77
05-15-2007, 07:31 PM
Has anyone else got the e-mail to stop buying Mobil or Exxon gas? It said that by doing this will bring down gas prices. Its sad to say that not too long ago we were buying racing fuel for nearly the same price as what we're buying 88 octane now!!

QuadJunkies
05-16-2007, 12:25 AM
We just experienced our 1st long drive to Nationals this past wk end .
15 hour drive = 650.00 in gas-JUST for the truck.Not including gas for 4 quads :scary:

Will this effect the racers??
absolutely.
Not everyone can afford to hit a whole series if they have to travel long distances .

drr5
05-16-2007, 09:26 AM
itd be nice to have district qualifiers , cut down on so much travel

ecmini1
05-16-2007, 09:30 AM
Im with all you on this, unless its semi local we are not racing and it flat stinks. We need to be having fun and enjoying our sport.

mini racer #39
05-16-2007, 09:37 AM
Were just trying to get Erik to the Nationals. :( We just need a gas company to sponsor us and pay for all the gas!

QuadJunkies
05-16-2007, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by mini racer #39
. :( We just need a gas company to sponsor us and pay for all the gas!

heck yeah!:cool:

77racerdad
05-16-2007, 11:00 AM
you know they are showing record profits. they could give some back to the kids..:blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: like that would ever happen.:cool: :cool: :cool:

mxdad
05-16-2007, 11:07 AM
I think everyone is feeling the pain. We have definitely cut back on racing a lot since the closest track to us is 2 hours away. Truthfully there is only one way to bring down gas prices and it is really very simple. Use less gas!!! It is all about supply & demand. We demand a lot of gas so they can charge more to supply it. It is just as simple as that.

i-zapp
05-16-2007, 02:37 PM
at current gas prices we pay about $25 per hour for fuel to drive our dinky little c-class and single axle trailer. and it aint gonna get any better.

it's certainly stifled our championship intentions (and our poor showings at the last two nat'ls didnt help any either)... i was almost relieved when Zack finished mid pack at RedBud... i guess we'll prolly run KY and PA (they're pretty close) and maybe Lorettas, but that may be it.

bowtiedmax
05-17-2007, 09:11 AM
We get about 6.3 mpg using my wifes 8.1 yukon. My duramax was stolen a couple of months ago and the insurance is still doing there thing. So that go eliminated my 13-14mpg truck. So driving home from taylorville I thought about leaving the truck and trailer in between races and flying home or renting a car one way. I wish I would of thought of it sooner because my inlaws live in indiana and we drove right by coming back from ill. I surley would of left everything there, then picked it up on the way to Oklahama. But as of now,I found somewhere in Missouri to park then I am checking on ways to get home/back to head for London ky. I live in the north east corner of Ohio.

i-zapp
05-17-2007, 11:38 AM
maybe your truck never actually got stolen, you just forgot you left it in some other state!?! :macho

motoxgirl419
05-17-2007, 04:32 PM
Another way to look at gas prices is, think of how many hours you had to work to pay for that tank of gas. Lets say someone makes a rounded $10.00 an hour. By filling up your tank, it took $50.00. :eek2: You worked 5 hours for that. Doesn't seem worth it to me.
I wish I was the one making the profits from this overpricing.

TEXWS6
05-17-2007, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by motoxgirl419
Another way to look at gas prices is, think of how many hours you had to work to pay for that tank of gas. Lets say someone makes a rounded $10.00 an hour. By filling up your tank, it took $50.00. :eek2: You worked 5 hours for that. Doesn't seem worth it to me.
I wish I was the one making the profits from this overpricing.

everyone made a decision on what they were going to do to make a living...believe me, it's not always the best of time in the oil patch...just until recently it has been horrible, from 86-2003 we were wondering if we would even have a job, much less gripe about pay!!

just my two cents

Kelly