PDA

View Full Version : fcr

drsnugfit
05-15-2007, 11:06 AM
Hi guys, I am about to fit a FCR carb to my EX, I fitted it in the engine boot and noticed it was taller than the stock carb, I know a few people on here have mentioned heating the bottom of the tank and putting a dent in it, can anyone give me more info on how to do this?

thanks.

zrpilot
05-15-2007, 02:06 PM
I have an FCR and it fit perfectly, no modifications needed...

My FCR is the "universal version" not an OEM carb

Chino886
05-15-2007, 02:12 PM
You can do that or you can shim the tank up a bit for clearance.

drsnugfit
05-15-2007, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by zrpilot
I have an FCR and it fit perfectly, no modifications needed...

My FCR is the "universal version" not an OEM carb

mine is a 39mm off a KTM 525exec, I mite try fitting the tank and seeing if I can get away without changing the tank.

drsnugfit
05-16-2007, 10:54 AM
right I have fittied the carb in the boot and placed the tank on top, clearance should not be a problem, however i have noticed that the fuel line almost sits on top of the choke lever, also once the plastics are back on I dont think I will be able to reach the choke knob, can i fit a 42 pilot jet as I did on my stck carb to aid cold starting, has anyone done this and will it start ok?

underpowered
05-16-2007, 12:33 PM
teh FCR uses a different style jet than stock carbs do. i actually run a 55 pilot in my FCR, and it will start no matter how cold it is with a few pumps of the throttle

drsnugfit
05-17-2007, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by underpowered
teh FCR uses a different style jet than stock carbs do. i actually run a 55 pilot in my FCR, and it will start no matter how cold it is with a few pumps of the throttle

I have checked and it already has a 42 pilot jet in it, will i be able to start it using the same method as my stck carb with a 42 pilot jet? a few pumps of throttle and then turn it over.?