PDA

View Full Version : GAS IN THE OIL"help please"

chuckys400ex
05-15-2007, 08:22 AM
MY 2000 400ex JUST RECENTLY STARTED RUNNING LIKE CRAP,BY THIS I MEAN IT'S SPITING AND SPUTTERING BLOWING WHITE SMOKE CONSTANLY I HAVE NO THROTTLE RESPONSE.FOULING PLUGS BUT I HAVE GOOD SPARK.FOR SOME REASON ALL THE SUDDEN ITS GETTING WAY TO MUCH GAS BUT JUST THE OTHER DAY IT RAN FINE.I'VE CLEANED THE CARB 6 TIMES NOW WITH CARB CLEANER AND AIR HOSE,I ALSO CLEANED THE K&N PUT NEW PLUG IN IT BUT NOTHING WORKED SO I DRAINED THE IOL AND ABOUT 3 QUARTS OF RUNNY LIQUID CAME OUT JUST REAKING OF GAS.MY 400 IS STOCK BESIDES THE K&N,I HAVE A 42 PILOT AND A 146 MAIN NEEDLE AT BOTTOM POSITION.I'M JUST STUMP AS TO WHY IT ALL THE SUDDEN STARTED RUNNING LIKE CRAP I'VE DONE EVERYTHING I COULD THINK OF.ANY SUGGESTION AS TO WHAT I SHOULD DO WOULD REALLY BE COOL, THIS THING IS MY BABY

bigmikey119
05-15-2007, 10:34 AM
sounds to me like your rings are bad! Do you know what a leak down tester is?

400exrider707
05-15-2007, 10:50 AM
Do a compression test. Check the carb too, make sure your float isn't stuck open or anything. Also your jetting sounds off. Are you truly running a 146 or is that a misprint. Stock is 148.

nevadanotch
05-15-2007, 10:56 AM
Check your float level and the fuel supply valve attached to the float inside the carb. If this valve gets stuck open and does not seat properly, this will allow fuel to literally pour down into the motor past your piston and rings and will wind up in the bottom end of the motor and the oil system. By your description, this might be what your problem is. The excess amount of oil, the oils being thin and runny and it smelling like gas is a sure indicator that this is probably your problem!

Dark_Stang
05-15-2007, 02:13 PM
Also your jetting sounds off. Are you truly running a 146 or is that a misprint. Stock is 148.
I run a 146 dynojet jet in my bike, and the opening is actually bigger than the stock 148 jet. No idea why.

As the others said:
Check to make sure your float isn't stuck open. If it is the gas will just run right into the cylinder and slip past the rings.
Do a compression test.

chuckys400ex
05-15-2007, 05:09 PM
COMPRESSION TEST WAS 160 BUT I FIGURED IT OUT THERES A LITTLE GUIDE THAT FELL OUT OF THE CARB WHEN I CLEANED IT.ITS CALLED A NEDDLE SET GUIDE AND SETS ABOVE THE MAIN JET ASSEMBLY.OH AND MY MAIN JET IS A DYNO JET 146.THAX FOR THE HELP