PDA

View Full Version : Front Wheel Spacers For 400ex

tim colston
05-15-2007, 07:53 AM
I need some. Shoot some prices and pics. Thanks

tim colston
05-15-2007, 02:14 PM
I have some cheddar burning a hole in my pocket.

Chino886
05-16-2007, 07:05 AM
Hey Tim,

RMATV carries the Durablue front wheels spacers.

tim colston
05-16-2007, 07:07 AM
Thanks dave I think i am going to go that route. I was just hoping someone had some used ones for sale. Did you get back up and running? I haven't kept up with your thread on your rebuild.

05-16-2007, 07:15 AM
:blah: www.crjperformance.com sells the strongest spacers made even recomended for jumping and mx. :blah:

tim colston
05-16-2007, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by doodtherider
:blah: www.crjperformance.com sells the strongest spacers made even recomended for jumping and mx. :blah:

Thanks I will def check them out. I am not going to be jumping or racing mx, just some trail riding. i would however like the strongest one made. Thanks again. Dood.

Chino886
05-16-2007, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by tim colston
Thanks dave I think i am going to go that route. I was just hoping someone had some used ones for sale. Did you get back up and running? I haven't kept up with your thread on your rebuild.

Not yet!

I am tearing it apart for the second time right now.

tim colston
05-16-2007, 07:29 AM
2 rebuilds? I will have to check that thread out.

400exrider707
05-16-2007, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by tim colston
Thanks I will def check them out. I am not going to be jumping or racing mx, just some trail riding. i would however like the strongest one made. Thanks again. Dood.

If you are dead set on getting them, get the billet style that encapsulate the entire lug, as they are stronger, the ones that doodtherider posted are among the weakest. They just simply thread over the existing lug, where as the billet units bolt to the other lugs and have new lugs of their own. I believe the RMATV ones like suggested are that type.

I simply meant that the topic of spacers has been beatin to death, if you searched, you probably could have come up with 15 different places to buy spacers. Have you checked the for sale section out?

Also I never claimed to be smarter than anyone, and never said I had more experience than anyone. You obviously know they are a bad idea, and are willing to put them on anyways, so if you are going to do so, get the RMATV ones. Are you putting them on the rear as well? For the rear you can buy the G-Force extended hubs, that would be a better solution. Also instead of spending the money on spacers on the front, why not just flip your rims around?

Or you could buy them from the site sponsor.... http://www.exriders.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=36

05-16-2007, 09:40 AM
Them full spacers that slide over the studs and have new studs are weeker. You here many reported cases of people snapping the durablue studs off. Them CRJ spacers are "solid steel" over a inch fat and will not break no matter what. Your front hub would give away before them spacers ever did. You could drop the quad a 1000ft down and the spendal stud would give away before them spacers would.

400exrider707
05-16-2007, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by doodtherider
Them full spacers that slide over the studs and have new studs are weeker. You here many reported cases of people snapping the durablue studs off. Them CRJ spacers are "solid steel" over a inch fat and will not break no matter what. Your front hub would give away before them spacers ever did. You could drop the quad a 1000ft down and the spendal stud would give away before them spacers would.

I'll see if I can get pictures of the bent/ broken CRJ spacers my buddy has. They are not that strong, and they will either bend, or bend the stock lugs. They also ruined two brand new ITP baja rims. The durablues you hear about breaking are the grahplite ones, they are not billet.

honda6490
05-20-2007, 11:58 AM
Ill sell you 2 front spacers and 2 back spacers with long bolts for 40 bucks shipped. I can email you some pictures if your interested.

tim colston
05-21-2007, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by honda6490
Ill sell you 2 front spacers and 2 back spacers with long bolts for 40 bucks shipped. I can email you some pictures if your interested.

Please do so. tjcolston@aheco.com

Thanks