PDA

View Full Version : Outerwears airbox cover?????

Dragon1363
05-14-2007, 07:30 PM
I just bought a outerwears cover for my airbox for my 06 450r my box has those metal rails down the side of it and i cant figure out if i need to remove them to install the cover or what? If any one has used one of these please help me out. Thanks

tltcracing
05-14-2007, 08:45 PM
i had one on my 05 airbox and this is how i did it... i actualy put the outerwhere over the cover of my airbox lid and then mounted the airbox lid back on the airbox. its a very tight fit and only the two large metal bars hold the aribox on but i never had a prob with it like that.

ohguy79
05-14-2007, 08:48 PM
I have one on mine. I left the rails on. I just fold the corner clips inside the box and put the cover on over the outside and rails. Just push the rails to the inside. They help kinda shape the cover so some water can run off. I put the cover over the front corners of the box first. Then just work it back and over the back corners. It's easier for me to do the back corners one at a time. Pull it over one then the other. It will seem like a pain at first but after u figure it out u will be able to put it on in seconds. Hope this helps.

Dragon1363
05-15-2007, 05:16 PM
Thanks alot guys i appriciate it