PDA

View Full Version : Pro-design for 06/07

Flyin-Low
05-14-2007, 07:20 PM
Just in search of a new air filter and was taking a look at the Pro-design package w/ the billet ring.

Is this filter the same size as the 06 filter?

I tried to order a Twin-Air once and when I got it it was wayy smaller.

Is the billet ring worth the extra cost?

Also, what do you use to clean your filter with? I pour some gas on it then wash it with warm water and sunlight dish soap. Is that OK because some people told me the gas will destroy the filter, and I doubt it will...

-Martin

Flyin-Low
05-14-2007, 07:25 PM
Also, how well does a K&N or one of those Velocity filters do against super dusty conditions?

-Martin

TRX450RACER174
05-14-2007, 09:45 PM
I have a K&N filter and the power lid on my 06 and it runs great, people talk about K&N's letting fine dust through but i live in CALI
and mostly race desert, i have taken my filter off and the tube to see if there is any dust in the tube and no probs, everyone has there own opinions i will stick with my K&N.

GIXXER1KR
05-14-2007, 10:25 PM
I have the Pro Design with the K&N and use the outerware.And yes the billet ring makes all the difference in the world.Its a nice tigh fit.I run k&N with the outerware and with regular maitenance have never had a problem in years!!!

sandmanblue
05-21-2007, 02:02 PM
Or you could buy a UNI and pay $28 for a filter that does a better job and makes just as much power.....

Stock vs K&N dyno...

450rJam
05-22-2007, 05:26 PM
the pro design billet ring is great, I will keep running the k&n also.
with normal maintance they hold up great and flow better than anything else.

I seen a web site that flow tested most of the leading brands.
the k&n flowed the best and the only concern most have is that it lets in fine dust (thats why I run the outerwears)
If I can find it again I'll post a link.

I have heard the uni is ok and the stocker on the 06/07 is good.

IMSROLL450R
05-22-2007, 07:48 PM
my outerware on my K & N is wearing out where the filter ridges touch it and its only about 6 months old?????? why would it do that it has a lot of holes in it and never touches anything but the crank breather? I am thinking of switching.

400exrider707
05-22-2007, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by IMSROLL450R
my outerware on my K & N is wearing out where the filter ridges touch it and its only about 6 months old?????? why would it do that it has a lot of holes in it and never touches anything but the crank breather? I am thinking of switching.

So what you are saying is... you are starting to see the light:devil:

Flyin-Low
05-22-2007, 07:53 PM
I'm for sure getting a UNI, lot's of people have them and no one has said really anything bad about them but the comments on K&N are super hit and miss... A few say they love them and the rest say they would never switch back..

-Martin

Flyin-Low
05-22-2007, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider707

How cheezy was that?? haha :D :p

IMSROLL450R
05-22-2007, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider707

exactly....... i shouldnt be able to see through my filter when i hold it up to the sun....... I see the light.......

eganracing
05-22-2007, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by IMSROLL450R

when your on the gas air is being sucked through the outerwear and it gets pulled up against those metal ridges. after hours of riding the friction starts to break down the outerwear. this is a common thing and u just have to replace them every once in awhile.

next time your out riding take off your seat an rev your engine a little bit and you will see the outerwear being pulled against the filter.

and the UNI is probaly a better filter than the K&N

GIXXER1KR
05-22-2007, 10:24 PM
LOL!!!Im with Egan!!!An $18 outerware that does an excellent job repelling water being replaced from time to time is a small price to pay!!!I have 2 k&n's and 3 outerwares.I always have a clean oiled filter ready to go.And after i clean my outerware i let it dry and spray it with a few light coats of 3m water repellent!!!!Cant go wrong!!!;)