View Full Version : Who does the best shock revalve/respring??

WheelieMan4
05-14-2007, 04:27 PM
I want to get my stock shocks revalved and resprung...I want something somewhat cheap, but really good too..Ive checked prices on GT Thunder and Derisi...any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Xater
05-14-2007, 05:34 PM
im getting mine done by gt thunder next year. i think c&d does them too.

05Z400rdr
05-14-2007, 06:44 PM
I got my fronts done by iShock. I love em! They did the revalve to them and they dont bottom out anymore and it added about 3/4'' of travel too. I only got the revalve, and that was $200 for the fronts. You can get them resprung by them for somewhere around $80 a spring he told me. Sometime when I get the money, I will be sending my rear shock to get revalved by them too.

Landon

wvspeedfreak
05-14-2007, 08:20 PM
I have had C&D re-spring/re-valve my shocks and they did an awesome job plus they are a site sponsor.

spanky101
05-14-2007, 08:27 PM
Laz at GT Thunder is hard to beat in my opinion. He is a great guy and proboly one of the more helpful people out there.

quad2xtreme
05-14-2007, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by wvspeedfreak
I have had C&D re-spring/re-valve my shocks and they did an awesome job plus they are a site sponsor.

Me too. Colby did a great job converting my stock rear shock to match the Stadium Suspension front shocks.

/Jon

TRX450RACER174
05-14-2007, 10:31 PM
I have GT THUNDERS conversion and could not be happier.:D

400exrider707
05-15-2007, 05:52 AM
Originally posted by 05Z400rdr
I got my fronts done by iShock. I love em! They did the revalve to them and they dont bottom out anymore and it added about 3/4'' of travel too. I only got the revalve, and that was $200 for the fronts. You can get them resprung by them for somewhere around $80 a spring he told me. Sometime when I get the money, I will be sending my rear shock to get revalved by them too.

Landon

Well this is contradictory. If they dont bottom out anymore, then they are valved wrong!

I personally have C&D rebuilds for the front and a GT Thunder rebuild for the rear with the GT Thunder linkage. I love both, and have no complaints about either one.

WheelieMan4
05-15-2007, 06:52 AM
As anyone tried one from different places or rode a different quad with the shocks revalved and actually notice a difference? What i'm getting at is are they all basically the same thing? And how do they compare to top notch shocks out there? Thanks.

400exrider707
05-15-2007, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by WheelieMan4
As anyone tried one from different places or rode a different quad with the shocks revalved and actually notice a difference? What i'm getting at is are they all basically the same thing? And how do they compare to top notch shocks out there? Thanks.

I dont think you can go wrong with any of the three major ones on here, GT, Derisi, or C&D. I've heard nothing bad from any of them.

I have ridden my rebuilds, and I have ridden full aftermarket setups, I am sticking with my rebuilds. Take it for what its worth.

Colby@C&DRacing
05-15-2007, 08:36 AM
A properly rebuild stock shock will perform really well, many people are very happy with them and save a lot of money over buying aftermarket. There are still some advantages to aftermarket shocks over the stock rebuilds. But you have to weigh the cost difference and determine if you need that extra performance.

K_Fulk
05-15-2007, 02:16 PM
I have had pep, gt thunder and noleen j6 re valve shocks and they all worked great.

MO-EX-RIDER
05-15-2007, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by wvspeedfreak

im also a happy customer....price was a lot cheaper than others also:D

DOHC
05-16-2007, 03:14 PM
Just out of curiousity how much does it cost aprox for a rebuild/revalve and how long does it take?

WheelieMan4
05-16-2007, 08:17 PM
I decided to go with C&D for the fronts, and i'm probably going to get the GT Thunder link, and probably have C&D do the rear as well...prices are decent and turn around time isnt bad...

Colby@C&DRacing
05-17-2007, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by DOHC
Just out of curiousity how much does it cost aprox for a rebuild/revalve and how long does it take?

Our full race series conversion is $700 for the front and rear other shock pricing varies depending on model.

Basic front pair service $60
Basic rear service $50