PDA

View Full Version : razrs vs shredders

cals400ex
10-15-2002, 03:08 PM
i need new tires and not sure what to get. i am mainly looking at these two tires because i dont want a heavier tire than these are. i plan on getting 4 ply. i ride on hard pack and rocky terrain and i am not sure what tire will last longer. the prices and the weight of these tires are very similar so i am stumped. suggestions would be great. also front tire durability is really important because my fronts tend to wear faster than my back.

Xtremist_02
10-15-2002, 03:18 PM
i would go with the razrs. ive had mine for a year and they dont show a whole lot of wear. plus the tread is more open than the shredders and looks less prone to getting full of mud, but i dont konw if you are ever subjected to that.

honda400exrider
10-15-2002, 04:58 PM
my friend has shredders, and he wants razrs... i am very happy with mine.... lata

methyman
10-15-2002, 06:49 PM
Razors and Shreadders are made by the same company which is GBC. also none as Maxxis.:huh

eldoexrider01
10-15-2002, 08:00 PM
the shredder lugs look too close to hook up well for me. i got the 6ply razr all around and i love em. i cant tell any difference from my old 4 ply shots.

quadfamily
10-15-2002, 08:31 PM
I have 4 ply Razr's rears and my son has Shredders. When I compare them the shredders are way softer than the razrs. My razrs are wearing very well. The shredders are too new to tell. The razrs are made by maxxis and the shredders are made by GBS which stands for Green Ball Company or something like that.

buckNbanshee
10-15-2002, 08:52 PM
i used to have RaZrs on my blaster and i likes them alot which i only had them for about a month then i sold my blaster but they were good the time i had them.;)

Drtridr18
10-15-2002, 09:35 PM
Have you thought about XCR Holeshots?? I like mine a lot...

Castor-426ex
10-15-2002, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by quadfamily
I have 4 ply Razr's rears and my son has Shredders. When I compare them the shredders are way softer than the razrs. My razrs are wearing very well. The shredders are too new to tell. The razrs are made by maxxis and the shredders are made by GBS which stands for Green Ball Company or something like that.

true..my shredders do have a soft tread....but what i dont get is that the tread life is awesome...ive almost had em for a year..and they look dang good..lol

400grl
10-16-2002, 09:56 AM
I have Shredders and I love them - I race MX and they are great for the track.....especially in the dry stuff. In the mud they don't get too bad because the mud flings off of them as you move......I was looking at Razor's too - tough choice, but I am very happy with the Shredders........I have the Holeshot MX's up front......didn't do the rears because the tread goes away so fast....and they are SO expensive! Fronts are sweet!

Corry

cals400ex
10-16-2002, 11:18 PM
thanks for all the replies. i did consider the holeshot xcr but i could not find the weight on them. i know the shredders and the razrs are about the same weight and close in price. i also noticed the xcr's are a bit pricier. i want to save as much weight as possible but have a durable tire because i will not be on a mx track, i will be on hardpack or rocky terrain.

Castor-426ex
10-17-2002, 01:01 AM
then go for the 6 ply shredders dood...dont hide your feelings!!!!:D :eek:

jay's 300
10-17-2002, 10:36 AM
I personally like the razrs, cause all of my friends have had good luck with theirs! 400's and 300's :)

300EXrider02
10-17-2002, 06:20 PM
i got razrs 2 days ago and wow do they rip everythin....great tire big nobs and everythin, go just for the rear but now i gotta get for the front to becasue its sitten forward with 22" in the back, real tough and takes the earth with it when u gas it, goes great with a pipe to give that extra boost....ANYONE KNOW HOW THE FRONT RAZRS ARE? OR IF ANYTHIN BETTER?