PDA

View Full Version : honda 250r vs suzu r250 vs banshee

07250ex
05-13-2007, 08:18 PM
can you guys compare these plz especially the 250's

400exrider989
05-13-2007, 08:39 PM
they hold there own place at what they are best at

TRX250R- Handling is key on this quad its a great MX quad if you love the 2-stroke power more, it can also be upgraded to do what you want just like any other quad.

LT250R- I dont know much about these quads they are not as popular as the other 2 but i do know its big brother the LT500R is the fastest quad ever and is best for sand racing/riding and blowing motors.

Banshee- I own a 07 banshee i love it. i do no racing i trail ride, its all stock and i love it i couldnt be happier. they have plenty of upgrades that are on most ATV online stores and such. they do hav bad stock suspension but like i sad above it can be modded to what you like.

it all comes down to what you use it for and how easy you can get parts and how you like the power and handling of each quad.

IMO i wold stay around the Banshee and TRX250R more because thy are GREAT for everything including reliability.

Later

Mike

csr250r
05-13-2007, 08:47 PM
Banshees have raw powers,screamers, i find them to be front end heavy not the best handling, not the best for jumping but nething that u need raw horsepower for usually the best choice, hard to hook up anywhere(like most 2 strokes) KING OF DRAGS IMO

250r have the best handling of any quad i have ever ridden, light good power everything just seems to work, good for mx ruled for years, suzuki is actually faster but it 250r have supior handling, frame and much more. I feel the 250r was ahead of its time and was a insperation for ALL sport quads being built today.

07250ex
05-14-2007, 10:20 PM
anyone else?

atvmxr
05-14-2007, 10:51 PM
just get a zilla and have Dr Q do some work on it. you wont be disappointed :devil:

if there are ANY turns when your racing, the TRX is what you want otherwise

800screws
05-16-2007, 10:16 AM
hell yeah! i just finished up my lt250/500 and dr.q did my motor, intake, carb, and pipe and silencer. it revs freely like a 250, but in 3rd gear u are blowing by a 250 in 6th!

05-16-2007, 12:05 PM
800 screws what is all done to the motor? is it a 250 motor or a 500?

flying dutchman
05-16-2007, 01:03 PM
ive rode all 4 of them to list them in order:

250r has the nicest handling it realy corners on a penny.
but it has the least power.

lt250 has a bit more punch the the honda but the handling is a little less.
also has less aftermarket support but still enough to make it an awesome racer.

banshee has nice power but due to not having a powervalve i dont like it at all.
it has absolutaly no bottom end so you realy have to know how to ride a 2 stroke.
i can ride it though i just dont enjoy it so much

lt500 now on this one were talking about raw power.
it realy earns the name quadzilla.
this thing will rip of your arms if you dont know what your doing.
if you get one of there you wont be dissapointed.
just make sure you have a 89 or later model.
those have the updated motor with and extra cilinder strud wich will keep your headgasket from blowing under the compression.

if id had to list them it would be like this:

250r
lt500
lt250
banshee

atvmxr
05-16-2007, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by flying dutchman
ive rode all 4 of them to list them in order:

lt500 now on this one were talking about raw power.
''''
just make sure you have a 89 or later model.
those have the updated motor with and extra cilinder strud wich will keep your headgasket from blowing under the compression.

if id had to list them it would be like this:

250r
lt500
lt250
banshee

actually its 88 and up, 87 was the first year that only has 6 head studs instead of 7. But if you find an 87 its still ok because the motor makes more power because of larger reed cage and the stud issue can be fixed by increasing stud diameter. if you dont know, LTHQ is a really good board for the zuki's

Im a die hard honda rider, but 500cc's is 500cc's :macho

csr250r
05-16-2007, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by 800screws
hell yeah! i just finished up my lt250/500 and dr.q did my motor, intake, carb, and pipe and silencer. it revs freely like a 250, but in 3rd gear u are blowing by a 250 in 6th!

i heard that zillas blow easy, but waste banshees in a drag.

400exrider989
05-16-2007, 06:08 PM
yeah zillas are fast and they do own some banshees in a race but if the banshee rider is a reallly good rider and knows his bike then it would be close
that is if the zilla can finish the race ... if it does then you gotta take it home and rench on it longer than actually riding it

my dad had an 87 zilla ... for a bit tell my dad got sick of working on it
he says it was wore than his old 1983 suzuki gt750 street bike
(called the waterbuffalo its a 2-stroke triple 750)

atvmxr
05-16-2007, 06:14 PM
well yeah, he had an 87 when they first came out and didnt know what the root problem was / how to fix it. I've had my zilla for 11 years and put 3 pistons in it. Its still on the stock bore.....

from zuki they need are exactly "optimized" :p but with a little tuning that 500cc motor kicks it. however, still ride the trx first unless Im somewhere with lots of open land (dunes during the week)

TWILES
05-17-2007, 05:29 PM
I've never ridden a LT250 but I've owner and raced the rest and I liked the 250R for the turning ability. I'm a bigger guy at 220 and 6'1" and in the end I enjoyed my Banshee more than the 250R or 500 Quadracer. I'm pretty strong and I know how to ride all of them to their peaks and I got more out of the Banshee. I had a front-end made for it that got it to turn like a 250R from 3rd gear on and it handled better at high speeds but you could tell it was heavy unless you were trucking along pretty good. On fast, opened up tracks with big jumps a Banshee with a really good rider is unbeatable. Anything tight and the Honda wins at the first turn. The 500 was nothing but a tank. It was extremely fun to ride but racing it took a little more talent then I had at 15 when I got it. I got the 250R next and rode both around the house and learned to ride the 500 better that way but there was no comparison. A Banshee takes a certain kind of person to conquer it. You can gradually work your way up with a 250 but the Banshee is all there stock and only gets easier to ride with mods but gains nearly 20hp with pipes, carb kit, and plenty of air coming in. I've seen them show close to 60hp with just that and over 60 with a little porting and that.

deathman53
05-17-2007, 08:55 PM
the banshee is very much de-tuned motor from a rz350, if you put rz350 clyinders and the whole electrical system, it makes the banshee come alive in a big way and almost staying stock(from appearance and reilabltly). I'm a honda person, I don't like banshees, but they rule the sand. lt500/250 are nice bikes, but from what I hear is that you work on them, more than you ride them and parts are getting very hard to get. Frames like to break in them w/o much abuse put on them too. I love 250r's atc and trx, there still isn't a chassis that is as good as it(for the trx). People don't like the 3 wheeled models, in my opinion, they handle amazing and get better when you modify stuff, but you have to love trikes to get the feel. A few years ago, my friend rode my atc250r, he didn't get off it the whole day and this was riding on the track!!!!! Get them wide and low and they handle like on rails.
I'd go for the honda 250r over all bikes, next banshee and susuki's last. Yeah, stock the honda doesn't have the motor the others have, but thats a easy upgrade and how many are stock anymore?????

LT250Racer609
05-19-2007, 12:39 PM
owned and riden all of them...heres what i Hafto say...

I had a built to hell ported and polished LT250R that was a 265. Had full around suspension and everything. The quad was deff, fast. It was a 89...but my dad ended up getting a stock 250R and i quickly learned that my LT250R handled like my dads stock 250R...not to mention, I couldnt keep the motor together on the suzuki. My 2 cousins are die hard lt250/lt500 flat track racers. They both have quadzillas that are ported but my younger cousin has the 500 motor in his 250R frame...i rode it when we were ice racing, yes it was impressive, but it wasnt like everyone makes them out to me, but thats just my honest opinion...

Banshee...different cousin has one. Again, couldnt keep the thing together since the day he got it off the show room floor. He threw elkas on it, and raced the Quad Am class with it with me. By the end of the season, the quad was junk..turned out to be a big pile of metal pretty much. Broken tie rods, cracked frame, cracked swingarm, blown motor etc. etc...handled like ****. If your gonna get a banshee, keep it off the motocross track and use it for TT or ice racing...wouldnt even reccomend it for trails.

trx250R....I have nothing but great things to say about this quad. I straight up got rid of my brand new 450R, and got a worked 250R. Best handling quad I have ever been on, and you can get anything/do anything you want to them. I have 2 fully built R's and couldnt be any happier...no 4 stroke for me here. I race them strictly MX and ice racing. You can get alot of power out of them, for cheap, and mod them heavily without going broke.