PDA

View Full Version : Rausch Creek Harescramble, 11/3, whos gonna go??

kc 300EX
10-15-2002, 01:48 PM
Heyas, there is going to be an AMA Harescramble at Rausch Creek on November 3rd, its a Sunday. Maybe we can get an EX ride going? play on the track saturday and race on sunday? I just had to buy an AMA membership and its about to expire so I figure might as well try and get more than one race out of it. Who thinks they can make it?

kc 300EX
10-16-2002, 01:16 PM
Come on, nobody wants to go?? Less than 3 weeks away.....

beerock
10-16-2002, 01:25 PM
sounds fun...maybe if my bikes together......

that sounds like a plan though, we can all ide on sat and race on sunday......
whos up for it?????????????

maybe put another topic in the open topic forum about a get together....

Tommy 17
10-16-2002, 01:28 PM
dam i was goin to go out there in 3 weeks and ride... guess thast outta the question now... i don't wanna race the harescramble race so i'm not goin now... me and a few friends were gonna go out for 2 dayz again...

Derno24
10-16-2002, 02:59 PM
I am possibly going to be there for the Scrammy...

beerock
10-16-2002, 03:03 PM
tommy what gives? why not come up for sat dude? and screw it enter the race why not??

10-16-2002, 03:06 PM
So does the AMA membership end at the end of the calender year? or in a year?

I am working on being up there that weekend but need to get the ex back together and brake in the motor before it gets raced.

kc 300EX
10-16-2002, 03:16 PM
440EX4me-im not actually sure, thats a good question though..... anyone know?

Ill make a post in the open forum on this and see if we can get an EX ride going

Derno24
10-16-2002, 03:41 PM
440ex4me
I am pretty sure that you only get one calender year out of the membership. So if you do sign up for the membership you might as well run as many ama races before the end of the year.

In case you are wondering there aren't many left. (I think)

KrazyKid300ex
10-16-2002, 04:43 PM
yo KC i might go be i don't think i be much help. im only 14 and don't think i can be in the race. maybe i can go to hag on saturday and watch on sunday. i can come with my EX and support::cool: PM me about it.

10-16-2002, 10:05 PM
If you are right and its by calender year then I am sure this is the last one :D

ZRacer
10-17-2002, 06:21 AM
I will be there racing the 4Stroke A Class on my Z400.

10-17-2002, 09:48 AM
So is anyone a AMA member who knows for sure?

im only 14 and don't think i can be in the race Can ya fix flats and change tires :D sounds like you got yourself a pit crew started.

kc 300EX
10-17-2002, 04:54 PM
ZRacer- can you tell us what all the quad classes will be? Im sure thats useful information

KrazyKid300ex-no, you cant race the race unless you have an AMA card that syas your 16.... But im sure you are more than welcome to come and hang out for the weekend or whatever!

10-18-2002, 09:51 PM
I .................well if ya come you will see ...:devil

Ex'r Marlin
10-21-2002, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by 440EX4me
So does the AMA membership end at the end of the calender year? or in a year?AMA membership is good for a full year... Not a calender year.:cool:

This event looks pretty cool... Maybe I will see ya there!:)

Derno24
10-21-2002, 08:25 PM
Marlin I was talkin to Lenny about maybe the 3 of us going together... Let me know what you think. I also just found out it is good for one year. Not a calendar year. OOOOPPPPSSS sorry Lenny.

beerock
10-21-2002, 08:31 PM
hey, I think I might come to this race too......

what ups dawgs!!!!!!!!

exriders race team......
what are the classes?

10-21-2002, 09:05 PM
AMA membership is good for a full year... Not a calender year.

wooo hoooo finally somethings working out, thats good news now all I need is some more good news tomorrow on my motor :)

Its going to be close but I think just maybe if everything falls into place I can have it done and even put a couple hours breeak in on it so I am crossing my fingers.

And the group ride up to get there aint a bad idea either, plus I hear derno is sporting a shinny new trailer :)

Derno24
10-21-2002, 10:07 PM
OOOHHHH shiny. Room for all...Ok just me and my toys. I'll have to move them around for you and Marlin.

You know I still have to post some pics.

beerock
10-21-2002, 10:12 PM
are al the gncc type races engin off starts? I have to practice that......

Ex'r Marlin
10-22-2002, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by beerock
are al the gncc type races engin off starts? I have to practice that...... Yeah, most of them are dead engine starts, but some have it were you are still sitting on it rather than having to stand beside the machine and waiting for the signal. To be sure... I would still practice though!:macho

Broque, Lenny and Derno... Cool, glad to see you have some interrest in this race! I will keep in touch with you guys!:)

Pappy
10-22-2002, 07:06 AM
ok...im comin.:D

wyndzer
10-22-2002, 08:13 AM
Call me dumb, but where is Raush Creek?

Pappy
10-22-2002, 08:18 AM
tremont pennslyvania

Ex'r Marlin
10-22-2002, 08:28 AM
Exit 107 on 81. If I remember right, the exit says Tower City. It is about 3/4 to a mile off of 81 at that exit!:)

Does this mean you can make it Wyndzer?

Kenny, cool to see you are interrested too!

wyndzer
10-22-2002, 11:35 AM
Not this one, my wife is pregnant and the due date is Nov. 17. I'd be dead if the kid came and I was out riding in PA. But the future looks good.

beerock
10-22-2002, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Ex'r Marlin
Yeah, most of them are dead engine starts, but some have it were you are still sitting on it rather than having to stand beside the machine and waiting for the signal. To be sure... I would still practice though!:macho

Broque, Lenny and Derno... Cool, glad to see you have some interrest in this race! I will keep in touch with you guys!:)

I'll be practicing as soon as the bikes together.

Derno24
10-22-2002, 01:04 PM
Guys the start isn't that big of a deal. You will be riding for an hour so even if you don't have the greatest start you have plenty of time to make it up...

two_baaalls
10-22-2002, 01:40 PM
He!! if Kennys in, Dave too, I might have to make an appearance myself.

Pappy
10-22-2002, 01:42 PM
hehe...me and dave gonna have to make a lil scouting ride up there ....:devil

beerock
10-22-2002, 01:43 PM
anyone know what this course is like?????

Tommy 17
10-22-2002, 02:03 PM
ok i'm thinkin about goin now... pappy has me in a racing mood haha...

what are the plans are we goin on saturday and riding the mx park, camping out and then racing sunday????

10-22-2002, 09:10 PM
anyone know what this course is like????? Most likely a little rocky so I am expecting on getting stoned :D ;)

camping out
Check out Carters camp ground in TC :rolleyes: :eek: :devil

Starting to look like I may make it, all the parts should be here in time for the machine shop and maybe even a little break in time.

10-25-2002, 04:31 PM
I will be there with I think five of us. Rider 041 will be there.

QuadRacer041
10-27-2002, 04:48 AM
racer 101, thanks for letting me know ill be there.
i think i will only be a spectator though

10-27-2002, 05:25 AM
Originally posted by beerock
anyone know what this course is like?????

:D ...rocks,rocks,,,& more rocks...;)

BRING SPARES ....:eek:

Ex'r Marlin
10-28-2002, 03:03 PM
If you plan on camping out Saturday night, I am told by Rausch Creek that camping is free... And we can have fires!:)

For race on Sunday...
Signups start at 7:00 am. (For quads, signups end around 10:00).

For quads, practice is at 11:00. I guess this is the practice (parade) lap.

Cost is $10 at the gate, and $25 entry fee.

Note: This is an AMA distict 6 event, so AMA membership is required and District 6 membership is required. Both can be purchased at the event.

Hope to see you guys there!

Mark@RCMS
11-13-2002, 08:51 PM
The results from our November 3rd Harescramble have been posted on our website.

Thanks again to all the volunteers, racers, and spectators that attended our Third Annual Fall Harescramble.

See you next year!

-Mark

(BTW - we have five 'scrambles scheduled for the Park newt year!)

Pappy
11-13-2002, 08:59 PM
hey mark....what was up with the last section ....just before the barrels....the hole was so big i was skeered to look down in it:eek:

Mark@RCMS
11-13-2002, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by cdale127
hey mark....what was up with the last section ....just before the barrels....the hole was so big i was skeered to look down in it:eek:

Cdale127,

To be honest...I have NO idea :)

But my suggestion would be...next time DON'T LOOK DOWN :D

Truthfully, I don't ride in the woods. As a matter of fact, I don't really ride in the dirt. My background is motorcycle roadracing, you know - climb inside a cow and go drag your knee at whatever speed the turn dictates!

As for the course we ran for the 'scramble, what did everyone think? (other than cdale and the "..hole was so big I was skeered...") j/k cdale ;)

Mark

Ex'r Marlin
11-13-2002, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by Mark@RCMS
As for the course we ran for the 'scramble, what did everyone think? Mark After racing several places... Hagerstown, Budds Creek, Flying Dutchmen... I really liked the course!:) The trails went from generous wide to very tight. More rocks than I personnaly like, but the trails were great! I thought the mix was good. The sink hole was not a good site... I saw tire marks down there, not good. The off camber trails were great, not many of them, which was good, but they were great, and the trails through the woods... Very nice!... And thank you for the hour and a half of racing... My body is still sore!:D Hopefully I will be well rested for the next race there!

I think there was a few of us that got mislead out there on the trails. Either we missed the arrow sign, or we just missed a turn all together. Most likely we missed a turn.:rolleyes: I know others besides myself got lost out there... But I do not know what the reason was why we got lost.:confused: Rumor has it that even Chris Borich got off the beaten path... Again, I do not know if that is fact... Just something I heard.

Hopefully the layout will not change much... I really enjoyed it... Except the part of getting lost! :rolleyes: I guess I can't complain too much... I did well in the C class, as others on this forum did too!

Thanks Mark for getting on here... We will look forward to the next race at Rausch Creek!

Pappy
11-13-2002, 10:06 PM
as marlin said....i also liked the coarse.....nice mix. the hole had plenty of carnage( thank god it wasnt me) i heard the the bike classes had a few piled up in the bottom of that crater also:eek:

i would suggest a few more coarse workers at the "hairy " spots. i personally helped 3 riders that were in different states of distress......

i didnt get lost....but i know several that did. someone even started following a quad that wasnt even in the race:huh

anyway....enough b!tchin....it was a good race and i hope to make all of them next season.

one question......and please dont take offense to this......why is a knee dragger running hare scrambles? or was that the plan:devil

Mark@RCMS
11-13-2002, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by cdale127
one question......and please dont take offense to this......why is a knee dragger running hare scrambles? or was that the plan:devil

Now it is you that assumed I was "...running hare scrambles..." I was only there to make sure the paperwork for the AMA was done correctly...that and I AM the marketing manager, so I do need to be aware of what people think/feel/react to.

The course was cut into the woods by a seasoned MX/Harescramble racer/rider. The day's events were overseen by a combination of "knee draggers" and people who are more aware of what "dirt-riders" look for.

I don't "run" things...I just try and make them run smoothly :)

Mark

Oh, and no offense taken.

11-14-2002, 03:22 AM
I can see the new adds for Rausch Crick now....

KNEE DRAGGERS...We dont make the course you race on ..... we make it smoother :) :devil

Judging by the amount of exhausted riders and dnf's I think that the guy who set the course did a pretty darn good job.

Too bad I didnt race there and I know I will get bashed again Oh Well :blah

Pappy
11-14-2002, 05:29 AM
yeah i know the guys that were runnin it......i just couldnt let you get away with out making atleast your fingers sore from typing;)

once again......i liked it......was and will get better im sure:)

kc 300EX
11-14-2002, 06:36 PM
Make sure to keep us updated on next seasons race schedule!

Mark@RCMS
11-14-2002, 09:02 PM
These dates for Harescrambles will not be final until after December 8th. For now, they are as follows:

March 2nd (Sunday)
June 1st (Sunday)
November 2nd (Sunday)

We also have 2 ATV/Vintage ONLY Motocross races...again tentative until 12/8

April 26 (Saturday)
September 27 (Saturday)

The ATV Motocrosses are going to be held in conjunction with AHRMA.

And for those of you who know what Adult Mini Bike racing is...we plan on two or three of those races as well...sorry no atv's in Adult Minibike Racing (though, the thought of big guys racing around on tri-zingers is hilarious!)

We will be finalizing our schedule during December...

Thanks.

Mark

Ex'r Marlin
11-14-2002, 09:12 PM
Thanks Mark... But please, as a friendly reminder, do not hesitate letting us know as the dates get close!:D (Some of us, including me, are sometimes forgetfull on remembering "key" dates.)