PDA

View Full Version : NEED some help on this...THANKS

waterdog3
05-13-2007, 03:56 PM
I race hare scrambles "BIKES" and my 7 yr old son rides the "PEEWEE"class. Well my 13 yr old daughter wants to start racing in the ATV off-road class. Shes been riding a sport trax 250 for the last 3 yr's and outrides every boy around here. Looking for a quad that will FIT her. She is 5'6 and 115lb's & very athletic. Whats out there for the older kids to compete on and still be in 90cc - 125cc size motor.
Should i go 2-stroke or 4??? I would like for her to race in the stock class, if theres anything out there worth racing stock. Modded is not out of the question either. Mainly looking for something that fits the older kids that is very competitive too.

Thanks everyone for for the help!!!!!

Bayman111
05-13-2007, 06:08 PM
we have some dinli 90's 4 sale in the for sale section, these are highly modded out, great quads, they are 2 stroke. perfect for her size.

thanks, Bailey

Livin4Real
05-14-2007, 10:47 PM
At that size I would look into a nice used but built TRX90 (125). It will be more suited for her size and weight and they're bulletproof. There are a few for sale in the classifieds here.

Full Throttle00
05-15-2007, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by Livin4Real
At that size I would look into a nice used but built TRX90 (125). It will be more suited for her size and weight and they're bulletproof. There are a few for sale in the classifieds here.

I don't believe that the cvt would be a good idea. She would be going backwards...
I witnessed a sweet custom built KX60 shifter at a race here in WA. I believe that they were from Oregon.
Sweet custom chrome/ alloy frame, ex300/400 a arms, slightly modified KX60 dirtbike swing arm, go cart rear axle, cobra suspension, Predator 90 plastics, stock KX60 motor .
This thing ripped and was as agile as a cat, very smooth and leaped like a cat!!! I would guess that theyhad $4-5+k in parts...
Other option, build a 300ex, I have seen a few of these really tricked out. Parts would be more readily available.

Good luck in your search

Livin4Real
05-16-2007, 12:13 AM
I'm assuming your cvt post wasn't directed at me, because the honda isn't a cvt quad. :confused:

Full Throttle00
05-18-2007, 11:04 AM
I know Honda is not a cvt. Just replied to both you & the other one offering the Dinli bikes. Just giving my 2 cents on why not to go with a CVT for your rider.

miniquad
05-18-2007, 01:09 PM
wHY NOT CONSIDER A BLASTER IT IS THE RIGHT SIZE AND HAS AN ABUNDANCE OF PERFORMANCE PARTS AND A USED ONE WOULD BE FAIRLY INEXPENSIVE TO PICK UP.

drr5
05-18-2007, 08:09 PM
ive got a blaster 80 conversion the bike works perfectly , yes you can go spend 14,15 grand on a true shifter hand built bike but unless you have a specific need to do so this is a viable solution, and yes there are many parts to make this bike look and peform awesome.

newnick
05-18-2007, 08:28 PM
Check the rules of where ya'll race and go from there. Some places keep kids on smaller quads at that age some don't.