PDA

View Full Version : How to change swingarm carrier

atvrider23054
05-13-2007, 08:03 AM
Hey I needed to buy a new swingarm carrier which I did so now can someone tell me step by step on how to put it in. It's just the regular stock one.

jonboy
05-13-2007, 10:31 AM
You really should go and purchase a manual. They are very critical to getting everything to spec during specific maintenance issues. As well as the regular tune ups and periodic maintenance. You can pick one up for about $20 bucks or I know if you search you can find a free downloadable vesrion here on this site or Z400Central.

05Z400rdr
05-13-2007, 11:58 AM
take tires off. take the brake caliper off, and move it out of the way. take your left hub off (same side as your chain and sprocket). take your sprocket off. take off axle nuts. with a piece of wood and a hammer or rubber mallet, tap the axle out (hit on side that hub is removed from, towards side that the rotor is on). once axle is removed, you will need to remove the carrier. take out all 4 bolts that are used to hold the carrier in and chain adjustment. then, loosen the chain tensioner bolt a little bit. then your carrier will be free, and you can slide it out. (Note: the plate and bolt and everything will come out with it, because you cannot take the bolt out with it in because there is a circlip on it. then take the circlip out and boot, etc, till all you have is your carrier. then, to put your new one in, do all this backwards...and also FYI, you will need to put the bolt, boot, circlip, plate, etc all back on the carrier BEFORE you put the carrier into your swimgarm.

Hope this helps, any other questions let me know,
Landon

atvrider23054
05-13-2007, 05:44 PM
Thanks Landon. I should be doing it sometime this week so if I need your help I'll let you know.

atvrider23054
05-13-2007, 07:43 PM
Do I need to change over any bearing or anything like that when i get my new carrier? I'm pretty sure I do right?