PDA

View Full Version : 400ex Works rear shock

Backstabber
05-12-2007, 08:46 PM
I just recently installed the ishock 5500 front suspension set up on my quad. It kicks *** and I wanted to get a rear shock as well. I went out and bought a Works quadstar rear. Does anyone have this shock and if so how do you like it? Dont be afraid to hurt my feelings.:devil:

Colby@C&DRacing
05-14-2007, 09:33 AM
You should have had your rear shock revalved and resprung it is cheaper and performs just as well.

MO-EX-RIDER
05-15-2007, 07:12 PM
i have one and just put it up for sale..i like the adjustability of it but the valving/spring rate is to stiff for me .. feels like a mx and i run the woods.....i know i can have it reworked but im just gonna do a rebuild on my stocker (i think:confused: )

Backstabber
05-16-2007, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by MO-EX-RIDER
i have one and just put it up for sale..i like the adjustability of it but the valving/spring rate is to stiff for me .. feels like a mx and i run the woods.....i know i can have it reworked but im just gonna do a rebuild on my stocker (i think:confused: )

Which shock did you buy and how much do you weigh? I bought the 170-200 lbs. shock and I'm weighing in at 167 soaking wet.

Backstabber
05-16-2007, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by Colby@C&DRacing
You should have had your rear shock revalved and resprung it is cheaper and performs just as well.

Thank you for the advice. I did think about that but the adjustability of the quadstar is what I like over revalving the stocker. :devil:

Colby@C&DRacing
05-17-2007, 07:28 AM
The stock rear shock is more adjustable than the works quadstar;)

400exrider707
05-17-2007, 07:39 AM
A rebuilt stock rear, would more than likely outperform the works shock, and at about half the price.