PDA

View Full Version : 05 boggin bad

the fat kid
05-12-2007, 07:11 PM
ok so this is for a friend, 05 ex jetted, k&n full dmc afterburner exhaust, it started kinda boggin out on full throttle last week but not just real bad, now it does it really bad at almost any throttle position just boggs and sounds like poop, no power, it seemed to help just a lil when we took off the air filter in the middle of riding but when we got home we cleaned and recharged the filter and it still is doing the same thing, any suggestions, how often does a plug get fouled, is it even possible or any other thing it could be. thanks alot in advance./ oh ps, kinda sounds liek its hitting a rev limiter...

Kaleigh
05-12-2007, 07:43 PM
could be an air leak.. check and see if the boot to the carb is on correctly. on both the engine side of the carb and filter side. i had a similar problem, my carb came loose from the engine side.. dont know if thats your friends problem.. but its good to check..

as for fouling plugs.. you shouldnt really foul them.. i usually change my plug at the beginning of each season and it will last the whole season and then some.. if you're fouling plugs alot.. most likely your machine is running rich or burning oil..

the fat kid
05-13-2007, 07:03 PM
thanks for the reply ill look into it.

quadrider30
05-14-2007, 05:40 PM
if it is still doing it check your jetting you might need to get it rejetted...mayb bad oil...or a bad plug check all that