PDA

View Full Version : Help

the fat kid
05-12-2007, 07:03 PM
ok imma just cut to the chase cause idk what it could be here, its a friends, stock 03 ltz, ok basically he got water in the motor during our ride today and he didnt notice it till we got home so that is taken care of already but at the end of the ride the bike died and just would not start like at all, so i hooked it up to mine, and pulled it while he started it that way, and itll run until he tries to take over on his own and basically it just dies if i pull him and keep pulling him the motor will run as soon as i quit pulling and its him on his own its dead, any clue what it could be, what would a fouled plug act like? idk where to start any help is appreciated.

the fat kid
05-15-2007, 09:24 AM
anyone?

bellzbub
05-15-2007, 02:44 PM
how much water? could have compressed the rings into the piston. it may have enough compression to start but not to run. did you change the oil? was there water in it?

need more info.... start with a compression test and then we'll go from there. i have ran into this problem with a buddy's z. it pushed the rings into the piston and had to replace piston and rings.

the fat kid
05-15-2007, 03:25 PM
i dont exactly know how much water when compared to when i drowned mine it was alot darker color meaning less water in it right? i seem to remember the oil looking liek it was semi metallic like super lil flakes int it but i was washing mine while he was doing an oil change, so the oil is out fresh oil was put into it so we could go throuhg the routine of getting the water out. he ran it for maybe 2 hours after he got water in it and after the "expert" in the group said he was fine to ride it he did idk compression test coming this weekend, idk how hard is a big bore kit to do yourself or a valve job?