PDA

View Full Version : Idle problems

I wanna go FAST
05-12-2007, 09:34 AM
I have got and '04 450r, and it runs great but the only prob that im having with it is the way it idles. It wont idle at all unless i turn the idle screw up about 2 or 3 turns then itf idles real high, but that seems to be the only way i can keep it idling... If i turn the idle screw down to we it should be it will idle for about 20 or 30 sec then choke its self out and die. If anyone could help me out on this i would greatly appreciate it! I haven't replaced the air-filter or messed with the fuel air screw.

honda4life72
05-12-2007, 12:01 PM
turn it up to were it idles high and then turn it down half a turn hit the gas 5-6 times and repeat until it is where u want it

I wanna go FAST
05-12-2007, 12:43 PM
i have tried that and i can get it were it should be but if i were to get off of the bike and leave it there for a few seconds it will eventually choke out and die. Ive also had it die when i were to just pull in the clutch, to even push the bike out of a tight spot...
im just a lil confused on this...:confused:

MAD450r
05-12-2007, 01:02 PM
Had to pull my carb apart and clean the pilot jet, and the inake tube between the airbox and filter, when I had my sparks filter on there it fell apart on me and I didn't tear it all down to clean it good enough. :(

Im good now, I even got some throttle response back I hadnt' realized I had lost.

good luck hope that helps as it did for mine.

atvwdsrcer
05-12-2007, 08:11 PM
Have you checked your valve clearance lately? If so then you may need to set your air/ fuel screw to make sure pilot jet is correct/ not contaminated. Also make sure all breather hoses are not clogged , including the gas cap.

05-13-2007, 01:27 PM
You need to check your valves as stated above.. The intake valves are probably tight to the point of no adjustment. You probably need a valve job