PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Injection problem ( i think anyways)

Heatpump#4
05-12-2007, 08:19 AM
Ridin the other day, my 450 was runnin good when i first started then rode for about 30 minutes and then every time i had to acclerate hard the motor would die well i figured it was hot so i let it cool about 30 minutes then started ridin agian before i could even make it a lap it did it agian. does anyone have a idea that could help me with this i would really appreciate it
Thanks, Heatpump!

RAMIT
05-12-2007, 10:13 AM
I would check your fuel filter. From other treads on here that is what the problem is most of the time. Just an idea.

LTR450_#67
05-12-2007, 10:53 AM
I see you have 2 LTRs.....I'm guessing it's the one with the 493 it.....just curious..

AL Elks
05-12-2007, 06:44 PM
Just a few tips:

FUEL FILTER
Inside the swirl tank (small reservoir attached to the petcock) there is a small fuel filter. This filter needs only to be replaced maybe every six months to a year if you run pump gas. But- with some race fuels, the filter needs to be changed frequently. Some race fuels will dissolve the filter. The symptoms of a bad filter are when the bike inexplicably starts to cut out. Usually in the air off of jumps with a chopped throttle.

If your LT-R starts to show these symptoms, go to your dealer and buy a few of the filters and the O-ring gasket for the swirl tank (just in case you break the original) and replace the filter. We recommend cleaning the fuel pressure regulator at this time as well.

FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR ISSUES
If your LT-R becomes hard to start and is running poorly, for no apparent reason, often times it could be the Fuel Pressure Regulator. Or, if you’ve had fuel filter issues due to corrosive race gas, the units can become clogged from either debris or corrosion. The normal 42psi pressure can be reduced below 40psi, and things start to go bad. The unit can be cleaned by removing it from the quad, and cleaning with contact cleaner and. We also like to use an air hose to blow out any potential debris.

FUEL LINES
Keeping your fuel lines and water lines cool and protected will make the rubber last a lot longer by protecting it from the heat. The race team uses a heat wrap that is made by CV-4. It looks good and improves durability.

blholtz
05-13-2007, 06:54 PM
I would go with AL put on about the regulator had the same thing with mine.

Really not hard to fix.

If it is acting like a carbed motor that is starving for fuel when you stab the throttle then this should be the first place you look.

If you go so far to check the fuel filter you have to remove the tank any way check the regulator while your at it.

Heatpump#4
05-14-2007, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by LTR450_#67
I see you have 2 LTRs.....I'm guessing it's the one with the 493 it.....just curious..
yes it the one with the 493 its just never done this to me before or anything i just ran like a bat outta #e!!
but thanks for the help guys i greatly apprecitate this im getting my manual for them tomorrow and ill prolly pull it apart tomorrow then

LTR450_#67
05-14-2007, 05:49 PM
Hope you figure it out.......