PDA

View Full Version : Houser A Arms * HELP*

LeGaCyGiAnT124
05-11-2007, 08:04 PM
Well me and my dad were putting my brake lines on today. When we got them installed we turned the handlebars both ways to make sure the lines were not kinking. Then I noticed that my arms up where they mount onto the frame they like slide both ways when i turn them really hard? like they actually move to both sides of the bushing and its just the one side. What could be the problem?!

We also put grease in to see if it was the problem and it wasnt so i dont know what the problem could be so if you could I would really apreciate it.

Thanks!!

kbass24emtp
05-12-2007, 07:58 PM
Could you get some pics of what it is doing. I would also call Houser and let them know.

LeGaCyGiAnT124
05-14-2007, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by kbass24emtp
Could you get some pics of what it is doing. I would also call Houser and let them know.

I called them but no one for engineering picked up. When I turn my handlebars all the way from left to right and so forth the lower bottom aarms move from back and forth on where the bearing would be. My dad tightened them to see if it was the problem and they were a tad loose but now it just does it a little bit so hopefully its ok.

400exrider707
05-15-2007, 05:50 AM
Originally posted by LeGaCyGiAnT124
I called them but no one for engineering picked up. When I turn my handlebars all the way from left to right and so forth the lower bottom aarms move from back and forth on where the bearing would be. My dad tightened them to see if it was the problem and they were a tad loose but now it just does it a little bit so hopefully its ok.

It shouldn't move at all. Let me get this straight first. You are sitting on the quad facing forward. You turn the bars left to right and the lower arms are moving front to back? Are the uppers doing anything? Did you buy these arms new or used? Did you install all of the washers? A picture would really help

MO-EX-RIDER
05-15-2007, 07:07 PM
sounds like the bushings/dust caps are bad?? are they new and snap a pic if you can

MO-EX-RIDER
05-20-2007, 04:25 PM
did you figure anything out yet?? i just noticed both of my upper arms have play in both of them...guess im gonna spend the $$ and buy their bushing kit

LeGaCyGiAnT124
05-22-2007, 05:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPskm-EZVCE

theres a video, what could it be?

AtvMxRider
05-22-2007, 06:03 PM
looks to me the bushings are worn out