PDA

View Full Version : Breaking up at half throttle....

black03wrx
05-11-2007, 05:12 PM
I think it was due to getting stuck in some heavy mud and puddles but it wont dry out. I cleaned the carb and changed the gas because i thought it mightv'e went thin and water got in it somehow. It breaks up half way through all the gears. Let it sit for a few day = same thing. 2 rides before hand i put about 1/4 bottle of that fuel injector/carb system cleaner like in cars but i used a very small dosage. should i mess with air fuel knob? Maybe since i upgraded to putting super instead of regular it cleaned out my system and i need to redue jets? i dont know much about these things so im throwing it at you

mods- white brothers full exhaust(just put endcap on, purchased bike without one, it was totally bare at the end)i put all the discs on it when i got it the other day but still have not ridden it yet with it. i think the jet sizes are 38 and 155(but i have to recheck them because i forgot)
k%n filter with that sock thing on it.
thanks in advance!

400eXr1d3rZ
05-11-2007, 07:33 PM
Chances are the choke is stuck on, or the jet fell out the jet holder.

black03wrx
05-11-2007, 07:44 PM
i guess ill take it apart again tomorrow and take a better look...i was thinking of draining out the gas and putting new gas in too...

black03wrx
05-26-2007, 11:09 AM
drained gas, drained bottle of carb, cleaned plug..new gas...kinda the same...now i think i gotta take it out and full throttle it for some time to get any of the rest of the water that is sitting in there somewhere out.

Sparky_20
05-27-2007, 12:27 AM
i would disasseble the carb and clean everything with carb cleaner and compressed air. Chances are if it was running fine with your current jetting then nothing you did would have changed the jetting needs