PDA

View Full Version : honda power sux

honda250
10-15-2002, 08:06 AM
anybody else agree that honda pwer sucks. the 400ex is gettin its but kicked my like all quads now. Honda needs to build a sweet sport quad not a 450ex or somthin gay liek that. power of a raptor is awsome and i am happy there. ride one then go ride your POS honda . then bash yama.

honda250
10-15-2002, 08:11 AM
dont get y wrong i dont hate honda i just want them to make a great sport quad. one that actaully competes with other quads

96300ex
10-15-2002, 08:13 AM
hmmm, light 55hp :eek: 450ex or a topheavy 35hp :huh 660r.... i think i'll go with the 450

wish i could be there to see that new raptor motor blow up on you... but i'm busy tommorow:blah :macho :blah

96300ex, #1 yamy smoker

bmf400ex
10-15-2002, 08:13 AM
you have to understand it came out before all the others so, it WAS the quickest, why would they change a proven design so soon. most bikes have a four year run without changes, look for something really rad in a couple years or so.

oynot400
10-15-2002, 08:19 AM
This is a rumor I heard at the track over the weekend and I can not conferm it. Honda engineers have designed a kick arse, full blown race quad to replace the 400ex's. However marketing will not allow them to build it, they are still selling a ton of 400ex and want to milk it out like Yamaha is doing with the Banshee. So all but a few engineers quit Honda and went to work for Cannondale and Yamaha. :rolleyes:
If this is true at least the engineers know what we want.

10-15-2002, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by honda250
anybody else agree that honda pwer sucks. the 400ex is gettin its but kicked my like all quads now. Honda needs to build a sweet sport quad not a 450ex or somthin gay liek that. power of a raptor is awsome and i am happy there. ride one then go ride your POS honda . then bash yama.

I'll take my 416ex any day over a rapturd..:rolleyes:

PS..your not tryin to make friends out here are ya???

Extremeracer167
10-15-2002, 08:44 AM
I think if Honda did make a high performance quad, someone would be running it at the nationals. Even if they were just testing.

honda250
10-15-2002, 09:10 AM
iam not trying to make enimies either i used to be a honda fan big time. But here raptors r makin 38hp stock. Yea and that geared down for emisions.I still like hondas and honestly as soon as they have somthin thats really reall good i might trade i the 660r.

10-15-2002, 09:26 AM
So your more interested in fast over reliable??? No thanks I like ridin my honda not workin on it...:blah

NTPRacing#19
10-15-2002, 09:26 AM
for a raptors bigbore the power out of it sucks. i know many 400ex's that are just bored to a 416 and will blow away a slightly modded raptor. the reason 400exs are so nice for MX is because the chassis matches the power very nicley no matter how many mods are on it

10-15-2002, 09:27 AM
I like riding lots

honda250
10-15-2002, 09:32 AM
rapotrs r really freakin reliable. they got low compresion. i have seen stocks raptors beat 440's easlily. yea stock. if a 416 beat a modded gee the guy on the raptor shouldnt be riding at all.

honda250
10-15-2002, 09:35 AM
also i havent had anything break yet. well my reverse nob is alil loose cuz so racing. but o wait u dont have reverse bummer. i almost got a 400ex again but i am too tall and ther r a lil cramped. now when i get another 3rd ride it will rpob be a 400ex or cdale and no matter what it is it will get the bars changed for hiedth and some other goodies but raptors r super reliable even when bored to a 770 and 10:1 pistion

10-15-2002, 09:37 AM
rapotrs r really freakin reliable.

Do me a fovor go over to bluetraxx and look for the thread on blown trannies or raptor problems thread,,,come back and tell me how many pages it's up to now..last I looked it was 50 somthing..:eek:

660cc = 35hp

my 416 = 32-34hp

244 more CC's and mine now almost equal in power,,rapturds are exactly that..turds..:D

Anywho I'm not gettin in a pissen match here,,just be glad we all got something to ride.

honda250
10-15-2002, 09:45 AM
01's only i have an 02 and the raptors r 38 hp 35 in claifornia only.there r 2 pages about the tranies maybe 3.

honda250
10-15-2002, 09:48 AM
rico, u right be glad we do got somthin to ride. and the point of this psot sint to piss peopel off its to say honda needs more power out of the box. i love my ex's ive had but the pwer just isnt there. ifi could have power of the raptor and the handling of the ex i would eb in heaven.

o and another thing rnt z's a lottle over played, i mean they have some big probs.

knighttime
10-15-2002, 09:50 AM
i find your posting offensive and i am glad u own a craptor. :huh

bandit390
10-15-2002, 10:05 AM
I paid 3000 for my 2000 440ex and draged a friend that payed 6200 for a 2002 stock raptor from the dealing and I beat him everytime.

Now which one looks like a better deal? Plus why cant people see that when they pay that much for a raptor they could get something 10 times better for the same price(cannondale)

thanks.

oynot400
10-15-2002, 10:10 AM
also i havent had anything break yet. raptors r super reliable even when bored to a 770 and 10:1 pistion

If you haven't broken anything yet, then you are not riding very hard, or give it a little more time. We have or should I say had 3 Raptors in our group. All 3 have had problems with blowing off the carbs, oil leaks, starters going out, and bent/ broken axles. The one guy had enough and trade his for a new 400ex.
I talked with one engine builder around here and he will not do a 770 because he can't find a way to make it reliable, like a 440.
I agree that Honda needs to do something but the Raptor is not the answer. :rolleyes:

beerock
10-15-2002, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Extremeracer167
I think if Honda did make a high performance quad, someone would be running it at the nationals. Even if they were just testing.
tim farr comes to mind.....

YZROOSTINYA
10-15-2002, 10:52 AM
my weenie is bigger than yours!

Dudefire607
10-15-2002, 11:12 AM
Hey, I'm no authority on the Raptor, but they are a kick in the butt to ride, a little squirrely but fun. Just FYI, I was in Florence over the Columbus Day weekend and a guy camped right next to us had a brand new Raptor (2nd time out) and he lost second gear the first day of the weekend. Seems like they still have some issues to work out with that tranny. IMO (and the dynos) stocker for stocker the Raptor beats the 400 in the power dept., not a whole lot of room for argument there, however the Honda gets the nod by a longshot in the reliability dept.

DF...

honda250
10-15-2002, 11:25 AM
peopel have troule wiht reliability on raptors because they do really stupid stuff. Ye ai do dumb stuff alot but i dont do stuff that is gonna cost melots of money. funny bout a 770 cuz i found severel kits that r very reliable. If honda would make more power out of ths box it would seel the 660r so fast. but yea a cdalw would be nice btu i they break more than a raptor. the guy tht lost 2nd gear prob pinned for along long time or had an 01 tranny.
hands down if you want a pretty much race ready quad get a cdale. but that aint what i do, i race very little but i trail ride and jump alot and any quad will bend or break a stck axle easily. like 400ex's do it alot.

10-15-2002, 11:38 AM
Ye ai seel btu cdalw stck

Hey when u learn to speck english, then argue with ppl.

buckNbanshee
10-15-2002, 11:56 AM
got to say that hondas power is pretty lame

YZROOSTINYA
10-15-2002, 11:58 AM
thanks 400exracr

anybody that needs 660cc is obviously using a swedish penish enlarger, and yes that is YOUR bag baby!!

you can do so much with the 400 it is unreal. granted it is behind in power and water cooling..... thats what the aftermarket is for!

i am a very loyal yamaha fan, there are tearing it up in EVERY department(snomobiles,dirtbikes,streetbikes) but in the quad feild they blow MAJOR monkey ball.

why didnt they take the yz426 or better yet the wr426 and beef up the trans a little and throw it in a DECENT quad frame. they f-ed up big time with the raptor. yes the starter SUCKS, yes the airbox SUCKS, yes the twin carbs SUCK, yes the tranny SUCKS, but hey at least its got power!!! while it sitting in its own oil puddle.

Evan
10-15-2002, 12:11 PM
Im not one to usally to stoop to argue with a kid but my gosh......
OK take a 400EX add 260ccs, add liquid cooling, add a bottom end cam, drop the gearing down 2 teeth in the front, and shorten the swingarm 1 inch. Then you would have something thats comparable to the raptor becuz thats all they did to make it "feel" like it has more power than everything. If you aint realized that by now then you dont need to be ridin a quad at all. On top of that you have something that handles like a dumptruck with a flat tire. Have fun on your raptor cuz all your buddies with EXs will walk all over you.

honda250
10-15-2002, 12:13 PM
only problem with the raptor now days is the airbox

honda250
10-15-2002, 12:14 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by X-Rider
OK take a 400EX add 260ccs, add liquid cooling, add a bottom end cam, drop the gearing down 2 teeth in the front, and shorten the swingarm 1 inch. Then you would have something thats comparable to the raptor becuz thats all they did to make it "feel" like it has more power than everything. If you aint realized that by now then you dont need to be ridin a quad at all. On top of that you have something that handles like a dumptruck with a flat tire. Have fun on your raptor cuz all your buddies with EXs will walk all over you. [/QUOTE

um no one with an ex walks anywhere on me they have no chance]

300EX KING
10-15-2002, 12:18 PM
I dont understand how any yamaha quad owner can say Honda quads are low on power when they are riding the most resricted weak piece of sh*t out there.(craptor)A cannondale has 432CC's and it makes the same if not more power than a 660. So i think all you people who said hondas are weak should check out the facts

bandit390
10-15-2002, 12:19 PM
What about the price being 6500 , when for that price you can get a better quad, the cdale. Also people dont call there raptor "Mr. Tippy" for nothing, So add the price of a plus 4 axle and plus 2 a-arms to an already over priced quad of 6500. Thats a big waste of money...

forum
10-15-2002, 12:20 PM
Well. by the looks of things mr honda250 is just talking out his @ss. He's not basing it on any first hand knoledge. you can just tell. hes just asuming or reading someware the the 770 is reliable. But he has a good point. Honda's power out of the box blows for MX. For someone just crusing around its great usable power, but wait thats what honda wanted!.. Honda is somewhat of a perfection artist. It may not be the fastest but they make sure its almost perfect before release. The raptor went through so many changes in the last year. The raptor has alot of potential but in stock form the engine is too much for the chassis. throw a longer axle and some a arms and some shocks with zps. and mybe a pipe a other little engine stuff. then its good. But a soon as you start poking around on internal engine sstuff, the thing turns into a bomb waiting to go off. My cousin has a raptor and i like the power, its easy to ride and pulls hard through all the gears. but hes carbs blew off, other then that its been ok. but mind you he does not beat it at all. The raptor is nice. But
its too high
too narow
and to top heavy
with a few mods its good. But you already pay more for it right off the bat. nevermind the cost of mods

2k2-300exnj
10-15-2002, 12:21 PM
hey sure the raptor is fast and reliably...
but that is after close to 10,000 dollars in mods!!!!!!!
im not being sarcastic either my uncle has about 8 grand or more in mods alone on his raptor lol he still isnt happy and it is leaking a quart of oil a day!!!!
a pingry tank is soon to come with all new lines....
his steering stem is also shot!!!! not bent but there is no friction for about a half inch of moving the handle bars!!! yea it is fast and handles great!!! but that is with 4 g's in suspension!!!

the carbs dont blow off his though...... anymore!!! he had to buy 02 boots for his carbs to keep them on
no problems with the tranny yet but his shifter wiggles about a half inch left and right

2k2-300exnj
10-15-2002, 12:21 PM
a couple other pix... now keep in mind he still isnt happy with it

2k2-300exnj
10-15-2002, 12:23 PM
last one now that is a nice bike... sure its fast but it is only there riding with us half the time... the other half it is broke!

forum
10-15-2002, 12:27 PM
o yea my cousins steering stem is starting to loosen up too. its got alot of play. I like yamaha but they goof up on some things.

JabberJaw
10-15-2002, 12:31 PM
Mu brother's wife's sister's husband had a raptur an he rode it like I do my cousin!

10-15-2002, 12:32 PM
400exs will beat raptors on the mx track anyday.....have fun going in a straight line with a raptor.

2k2-300exnj
10-15-2002, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by JabberJaw
Mu brother's wife's sister's husband had a raptur an he rode it like I do my cousin!
lmao i knew u would come in and make a joke out of everything

oregonrider89
10-15-2002, 12:38 PM
My EX will beat your Raptor and they coast the same even after my mods!!! You don't like Honda power because your ride a 250EX.

oregonrider89

j400exrider
10-15-2002, 12:50 PM
Yeah i think it is pathetic that yamaha has to build a 660cc atv just to beat a 400 cc honda by a few miles an hour, just the other day(sunday) i went to my friends with my 02 honda, no i know that raptors are faster that 400s but the rider of this raptor sucked, my friend beat him in a drag by a half a bike, and i know that i could smoke him around the track, cause were we drag is up a hill and when me and the dude on the raptor were dragging, we were going down the hill and i was in 5th gear and doind a power slide no prob, he said he wouldn't do it cause last time he did it he flipped and rolled, but after my friend beat him in a drag on my 400, he said he wasn't racing, and i thought it was funny, and we tried getting him to drag again but he wouldn't he said that it was time for him to get home.. i think honda has really good power and all around really good bikes. i love honda. and i love my 400.

honda250
10-15-2002, 12:51 PM
i had a 400ex the 250 my dad rides. im tlakout my *** huh well lets see had 400 bored to 426 also. i have a 660r now and i plan on keepin it for a while. even the mags say you have to do a **** of alot to 400's to get thm going fast **** it does like 65 stock i do 75. u trash yama cuz u dont got anything bettr to ride to ride

honda250
10-15-2002, 12:53 PM
and hello how many time do i have to that this psot isnt for trashing other brands its to say honda needs to make mroe pwer out of the box!!!!!!!!!!! read

j400exrider
10-15-2002, 12:53 PM
Hey honda 250 don't like callin names but i have one thing to tell you.

your stupid , shut up and never talk again

2k2-300exnj
10-15-2002, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by j400exrider
Hey honda 250 don't like callin names

lmao yea i can tell

j400exrider
10-15-2002, 01:02 PM
REally i think that this whole argument is stupid, HONDA 250 thinks that hondas power sucks balls, what about the 250R against a Craptor, Personally i think that all of yamaha sucks, i really have heard some bad things about reliability, But hey every body is entitled to an opinion, even if it is wrong, and HOnda250 is definitely wrong, but **** let him sound stupid if front of abunch of people when he goes off sayin taht honda has no power, personally i think that this HONDA250 dude is just trying to start a fight, i think that his post is probably one of the stupidest posts i have ever read, and i think that we are all dumber now for reading it, hes stupid but i say we just let him be.

2k2-300exnj
10-15-2002, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by j400exrider
REally i think that this whole argument is stupid, HONDA 250 thinks that hondas power sucks balls, what about the 250R against a Craptor, Personally i think that all of yamaha sucks, i really have heard some bad things about reliability, But hey every body is entitled to an opinion, even if it is wrong, and HOnda250 is definitely wrong, but **** let him sound stupid if front of abunch of people when he goes off sayin taht honda has no power, personally i think that this HONDA250 dude is just trying to start a fight, i think that his post is probably one of the stupidest posts i have ever read, and i think that we are all dumber now for reading it, hes stupid but i say we just let him be.

dude he aint bashing honda he is praising yamaha that is the problem... we all kno honda need s a new bike so what that doesnt mean the 400 is a bad bike by any means

honda250
10-15-2002, 01:06 PM
how stupid can you be read my posts most of them say i am not here to start shiznit. hello r u deaf or what cuz i am not tryin to start stuffbut honda needs more power out of the box. everyone knows thateven if you wont admit it. this post sint for trashing already gee. if i wanted to start a fight i would

10-15-2002, 01:14 PM
just stop and go away

oynot400
10-15-2002, 01:39 PM
I don't see the point of top speed that these Raptor guys brag about. I very rarely hit 5th gear WOT. The tracks around here is 2nd and 3rd gear. That is even with a 14t front sprocket. The only time I even use 5th is doing a little gravel travel or a long strait away.
I will give the Raptor credit though, on the flat track they are fast. They have that little bit more power to come out of the corner. Then again there are some 400ex's and 250r's that eat them alive. :devil

JabberJaw
10-15-2002, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by JabberJaw

Originally posted by 2k2-300exnj

lmao i knew u would come in and make a joke out of everything

This post was turning out just like one of my family get-togethers.

300exazzkikr
10-15-2002, 02:24 PM
Hey honda250 you need to go find another forum. Do you see how many people have a honda here. Go to a Yamaha forum and bash it there. Don't make this forum like a yamaha, a p.o.s., and have retarded remarks. This is a place to learn about others mistakes, what works well and sh*t like that. I usually don't argue with little kids either, but shutup and go ride your craptor.
I better stop now before i get angry. I just hate it when kids come on here and talk sh*t.

oynot400
10-15-2002, 02:25 PM
May be it is time for Rico to get the red button out. :rolleyes:

Houser Cannondale
10-15-2002, 02:35 PM
if you wanan beat a raptor buy a cannondale. :D
may not be as reilable as a honda but it sure does go fast!!

10-15-2002, 03:06 PM
well seeing how you have hondas smallest and slowest sport quad, it is no wonder that you think hondas suck. i thought honda sucked until i got a 400ex and now i love honda.sure the power is down compared to a raptor but it also able to compete in ama events unlike the 660r. the open class doesnt count . because it is open to anything. anyways the raptor is kinda of pitiful. 260cc more and only like 10 more hp. i know it is restricted a ton by its exhaust like by 13hp or so.

honda250xrider
10-15-2002, 03:14 PM
all i gotta say is HONDA

Ben
10-15-2002, 03:32 PM
onda250: Please clarify how these three statements, all made by you, add up?

9:00am this morning on Bluetraxx, I quote you, extreme660:

"anybosy else wnat to have alittle fun and tick off exriders?? i am gonna make a psot bashing ex and feel free to bash away. Yea i have a ex but my dad rides that i ride the 660r. so lets bash for the fun. just dont get banned for exriders.com"

10:00am this morning on here, I quote you:

"rico, u right be glad we do got somthin to ride. and the point of this psot sint to piss peopel off"

2:00pm this after on here, I quote you:

"hello how many time do i have to that this psot isnt for trashing other brands."

Please explain how this post is not a clear attempt to start a problem? You stated that you were going to make a post bashing EXs to start trouble on here. A mod on Bluetraxx told you not to start trouble but you just had nothing more constructive to do I suppose. The point of this site is to exchange information about Honda atvs, and other brands of ATVs. Do not come on here and deliberately try to start problems. As far as I am concerned Bluetraxx is a fine site, and I don't want any friction between the two sites - we all love the same sport. I own an EX and a Raptor, and they are both fine machines, despite what you and others might think.

How boring would it be if we all rode the same quads. This site is not about flames and any attempts to start such arguments will not be tolerated.

BornOnFire
10-15-2002, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Ben

"anybosy else wnat to have alittle fun and tick off exriders?? i am gonna make a psot bashing ex and feel free to bash away. Yea i have a ex but my dad rides that i ride the 660r. so lets bash for the fun. just dont get banned for exriders.com"

It's obvious by the poor excuse for punctuation and grammer that this is indeed the same person. If you are going to insult something wouldn't it seem logical that you at least try to dictate your thoughts into something legible? This kid may need to go back to the fourth grade and learn proper grammer and writing skills. Then again, he may not have even made as far as the fourth grade!!:eek:

It's obvious that this kid just wants attention. Hey Ben, it wouldn't hurt my feelings if you banned this "genius".

trx400ex
10-15-2002, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by X-Rider
OK take a 400EX add 260ccs, add liquid cooling, add a bottom end cam, drop the gearing down 2 teeth in the front, and shorten the swingarm 1 inch. Then you would have something thats comparable to the raptor becuz thats all they did to make it "feel" like it has more power than everything. If you aint realized that by now then you dont need to be ridin a quad at all. On top of that you have something that handles like a dumptruck with a flat tire. Have fun on your raptor cuz all your buddies with EXs will walk all over you.
LMAO....

trx400ex
10-15-2002, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Ben

10:00am this morning on here, I quote you:

"rico, u right be glad we do got somthin to ride. and the point of this psot sint to piss peopel off"

2:00pm this after on here, I quote you:

"hello how many time do i have to that this psot isnt for trashing other brands."

Please explain how this post is not a clear attempt to start a problem? You stated that you were going to make a post bashing EXs to start trouble on here. A mod on Bluetraxx told you not to start trouble but you just had nothing more constructive to do I suppose. The point of this site is to exchange information about Honda atvs, and other brands of ATVs. Do not come on here and deliberately try to start problems. As far as I am concerned Bluetraxx is a fine site, and I don't want any friction between the two sites - we all love the same sport. I own an EX and a Raptor, and they are both fine machines, despite what you and others might think.

How boring would it be if we all rode the same quads. This site is not about flames and any attempts to start such arguments will not be tolerated.

i dont see how you can put up with this thread, i say ban him, its obviously an attempt to start a problem, from a young kid that has no life....

j400exrider
10-15-2002, 05:42 PM
MY vote is to BOOT HIM!!!!!

Chef
10-15-2002, 05:53 PM
He made the statement "Geared down for emissions" (plus numerous spelling mistakes) How the heck does gearing help emissions? This kid is a total idiot, and should be banned from the world, sent to **** to burn.

Raptor and its 660cc of sluggish power:35-38hp.
The EX in my garage and its 441cc of quick revving power: 52-54hp....hmm, which one would you rather ride?

rookiex
10-15-2002, 06:19 PM
How about you bring your raptor out to kenworthys or COCR...And Ill hop on a stock 400ex and Ill personally show you they still got what it takes...as a matter of fact...I think the mighty honda 250 and 400ex still dominate the track....I have seen highly modded Z's go toe to toe with ex's and the ex still comes out ontop....rider or not its still winning...and the best bang for the buck....

rookiex
10-15-2002, 06:30 PM
And god folks.....The 400ex was out b4 the raptor of coarse yamaha would make somthing better.....who had the first racing 4 stroke honda 400ex a real racer that everyone respected...you are comparing a 660 cc machine that I personally think should put out WAY more power than it dose and a 400 ex putting out 10 less hp....and the ex is older you are comparing yamaha suzukis kawi's come back to the honda 400ex now wait untill honda comes back with there new machine.....the z400 is more powerfull but it took them 2 years to build it after the ex.....I think for a 440cc piston 219 or so bucks and a cam 150 give or take...and pipe 400 give or take its a lil scrapper for what its got.....thats like comparing a buick grandnational to a new transam the Grandnational still wins and for those who knowthere cars know why I am making this analogy....

01TRX300EX
10-15-2002, 06:54 PM
I think the Raptor is better than the 400EX myself (in overall conditions), and are pretty reliable now, but honda250 does seem to be trying to start something, and he can't spell.

rookiex
10-15-2002, 06:55 PM
givin the fact we have not seen hondas new top gun....then after that yamaha will make somthing new

EvilJester400EX
10-15-2002, 07:10 PM
first off.. yamaha will release their stuff before honda. honda always releases later so they actually have a reliable machine :blah

kaneman23
10-15-2002, 07:42 PM
We all know that honda is somewhat behind the competition in the hp dept. What's the point of your post? BTW, use spell check or invest in hooked on phonics. I know 3rd graders who can spell better then you.

Kansas400rider
10-17-2002, 07:49 PM
My guess would be that honda doesnt want to produce a sport bike that cant be raced at the national level. I think 440 cc's is the biggest bore you can run for a 4 stroke. I wouldn't be surprised to see something with the crf450 sleeved down.

Just my 2 cents:)

Leo
10-17-2002, 08:18 PM

liek?
awsome?
yama?
somthin?
pwer?

LOL..

Come back when you can spell, maybe someone will listen.

Leo

bandit390
10-17-2002, 08:23 PM