PDA

View Full Version : need a quick how-to/suggestion for shock rezzies, I need mounts..QUICK!

zynizen
05-11-2007, 10:13 AM
I just got my new 400EX, and the stock suspension is ok, but not nearly as good as it is on my old 250R with elka's.

I've got a pair of custom axis, they have external rezzies, can I go to a home depot or hardware store and pick up some stuff to mount them to my frame? possibly with a piece of rubber in there to dub down the vibration.

would hate to be hard riding this weekend to a place I never been before and have the rez blow on me cause it kept rattling up on the frame.

any suggestions??? thanks. I dont have time to order anything from anywhere, and I would really like to use them for the weekend.

400exrider707
05-11-2007, 11:00 AM
Yeah just as long as you have some sort of padding between the rezzies and the frame, it will be ok.

zynizen
05-11-2007, 11:26 AM
ok cool! thanks!

svahle
05-11-2007, 01:58 PM
I would just get some big hose clamps to mount them with. While it may not look pretty, you can put a split piece of garden hose around the frame where you mount the rezzies. This should both protect the frame from scratching and give a bit of padding/cushioning for the rezzie.

zynizen
05-13-2007, 08:17 PM
turns out I didn't need anything, didn't even get a chance to try the shocks out anyway.. so now I can order some mounts.. (proper ones)

thanks