PDA

View Full Version : Probation..

mitch91
05-11-2007, 10:08 AM
Ill start off by saying, My friends and I have been rideing on the roads every were on our dirtbikes and atvs scince we were 6 years old to go to rideing spots, cops just waved at us. About a month ago i was fillin up at a gas station and a chick cop comes in and w.e, lets me call my rfiend to pick up my quad in his truck, i ddidnt have insurance. So since then i have ran form every cop, i just make it look like i dont see them. One day I pull into my friends house and 10 seconds later, that chick cop comes in. she says ill be goin to court for a bunch of things. I went to court today and they cancled the fines and put me on probation. I just turned 16 so now i cant get my g1 until 6 months now. I can not drive any motor vehicles for the next 6 months, if i do and get caught i will be goin to junvinal or w.e it is for atleast half a year. so i geuss my summer is ****ed now? Im thinking about getting a dirtbike and just not getting caught, being very aware of my suroundings and makeing sure there are no cops around when i pull into places, and have a couple of differnt colors of plastics at home just in case? or should i face it, my summer is ****ed? I may be able to put a track in my moms horse pasture. What do i do now? I have not talked to a probation officer yet, but i hear you get drug tests in some cases.. will i get them? Anyone else been on probation?

troutman561
05-11-2007, 10:15 AM
Well, all I have to say is, you would be an idiot to ride anywhere but private land which is your own or that which you have permission to ride on, its not worth getting caught again...

mitch91
05-11-2007, 10:19 AM
I dont even know if I am aloud to ride on our land .. I think i should be able to? I havent talked to a officer so ill see. is there anyway they make it shorter? I may risk it once in a wile.

mxdad
05-11-2007, 10:33 AM
As for the probation there are two kinds, supervised and unsupervised. Supervised means you will have to visit a probation officer every so often but unless you had a drug charge you should not be drug tested. Actually you can read your paperwork from court and it will tell you if the judge ordered drug testing. Unsupervised just means that if you get caught doing something else during your prob period you are screwed. As for riding I highly suggest you just take your punishment and put this all behind you. You are young and have your entire life to ride. But when you do ride again, ride legally!!!

mitch91
05-11-2007, 11:07 AM
I think im goin to build a jump in my moms pasture and get a dirtbike, and save up all sumer and get a yfz450 and work on it in the winter and have a nice bike and quad for next summer.

Kickstarts-suck
05-11-2007, 02:48 PM
Sounds like you got off good

I got it way worse for riding down a dirtroad.

Just take a break from riding or just ride in your yard.

mitch91
05-11-2007, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Kickstarts-suck
Sounds like you got off good

I got it way worse for riding down a dirtroad.

Just take a break from riding or just ride in your yard.

What happend to you?

roundsy
05-11-2007, 03:53 PM
hey mitch, you should sell the 400 hundy then put that money towards a 450 in 6 months...it will also keep ya from being tempted to ride

05-11-2007, 04:19 PM
they are overreacting. probation is just stupid. Im glad i never got caught riding down the road. I used to do it all the time too. I dont see a problem with riding down a road as long as your going a safe and reasonable speed

mitch91
05-11-2007, 04:25 PM
Ya i think im goin to get a bike then a quad.

bansheerider4
05-11-2007, 04:30 PM
im in the same shoes you are man...im on probation for who knows how long(they said until they feel i should be taken off)and 72hrs of community service and i have to go to councling...so my summers about f***** as you put it...

but there is a way you can get off and its called a review(at least in ohio it is)after a certain amount of time you go to the court and theyll review how your probation has been handled my you and if youve followed all the rules you can ask to be taken off and in most cases you always are....so you should just sit back and follow the rules, it may suck but tis the only way to be free again...

Kickstarts-suck
05-11-2007, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by mitch91
What happend to you?

I got 2 tickets $75 each. 1 driving without a lisence. 2. reckless driving (BS)

I got to got to court $150
probation 4 months $20 each time i went
community service 7.5 hours
Had to take a drivers test 12 hours long and was $75

Then after the drivers test they took the points of my lisence.