PDA

View Full Version : rear shock on suzuki lt 80

iceman 22
05-11-2007, 09:22 AM
what shock will interchange and work well on the rear of a suzuki lt 80 besides a elka or works shock. I would like to find one that works without me doing mods. Thanks

RedRider_AK
05-12-2007, 12:19 AM
Well, I don't know for sure, but there was a Honda fourwheeler a long time back that used the same style rear shock, it had a ball joint on one end and a clevis-looking fork on the other. I have no clue if they're interchangeable, but if you had one, I'm sure that you could fab up some way to make it fit. It's meant for a 250cc utility quad, so it'd be a little stiffer than your stock LT80 shock, and it has preload adjustability as well, I believe.

Sorry if I couldn't help you that much.

Oh, before I leave. You could also find a smaller-sized snowmobile center shock, one with a coil-over on it, and weld the split fork to one side and the eye to the shaft. Go for a fully adjustable one with compression adjustment (maybe even rebound adjustment too), and you'll be all set. I'd look around snowmobile salvage yards or people's backyards, you can sometimes pick up this type of stuff for next to nothing, or even cheaper.