PDA

View Full Version : 2001 440ex motor

codeman583
05-11-2007, 12:08 AM
motor needs cylinder, Previous owner stripped out the valve cover bolts that go into the cylinder so it needs a new one, motor ran great even though this was wrong with it.

I have all electrics also available for it. basically took it out of the rolling chassis i sold to a friend...

pretty much everything you'd ever need to get rolling.

just testing the waters to see what people are willing to pay for this... whole bottom end is in great shape.

STEVER925
05-11-2007, 09:36 AM
how much are you looking to get for the motor?? do you have any shocks or other 400ex parts?

REPOMAN
05-11-2007, 09:40 AM
is the only thing wrong with the top end is that the holes are stripped? is the cylinder itself in good shape?

codeman583
05-21-2007, 10:07 PM
was looking to get like 750, but in light of possibly not getting that i am thinking of keeping it, and rebuilding it for a spare. the only thing wrong is it needs either the holes in the cylinder welded/filled, and or a new cylinder. if it were me i would do a new oil pump, crf timing chain, and some new rings, just so i know it is all fresh... motor now needs a new timing chain tensioner, since i yanked that for my sand bike a couple days ago.

thanks.

pm me for more info if interested, i didn't get the prompts that there were replies on here, thats why it took me so long to get back to you.

codeman583
05-21-2007, 10:10 PM
i have a rear spring, no shock just the coil, the wiring harness a couple extra stock carbs, and etc...

Lonestar_R
05-22-2007, 06:46 AM
A buddy of mine might be interested in this I will get in touch with him. Do you have any pics of this motor?

REPOMAN
05-22-2007, 08:53 AM
i had the same problem with the stripped holes on my 440. i had a guy melt aluminum into the holes and drilled and retapped them for 50 bux. its an easy fix

codeman583
05-22-2007, 07:14 PM
yea i will get some pics together, may not be until after this weekend. the motor is filthy been in a box for a couple months, and through our move into our new house. so it is dirty and disassembled, but i understand the need for pics... just letting you know in advance.

REPOMAN....

only 50 bucks to fill the holes?!?! thats sooo crazy cheap! I need to check with my welder/machinist to see what he can do then... that cheap may keep it if he can do this.