PDA

View Full Version : rear shock help!!

SET THE STAGE
05-10-2007, 09:51 PM
okay, so when i'm sitting on my quad and i get off and grab the grab bar, pull up a bit, there's about an inch of sag/play/whatever you want to call it IN the shock.

i had figured it was maybe just a little play in the linkage or something, but it's the actual shock moving up and down. like you can see the spring compress/decompress, you know?

would a rebuild (back to stock form or close) fix this?

Slinky
05-11-2007, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by SET THE STAGE
okay, so when i'm sitting on my quad and i get off and grab the grab bar, pull up a bit, there's about an inch of sag/play/whatever you want to call it IN the shock.

i had figured it was maybe just a little play in the linkage or something, but it's the actual shock moving up and down. like you can see the spring compress/decompress, you know?

would a rebuild (back to stock form or close) fix this? there is usually sag in a rear shock. Does the shock bottom out easily or kick back really quick?

SET THE STAGE
05-13-2007, 08:26 AM
i haven't bottomed it out yet but that's because i also haven't really taken it to many jumps. i'm using the shock (and swingarm, linkage, etc.) on a 300ex and the way it sits on there the airbox is decently close to the swingarm.

i'm just trying to do whatever to keep it from bottoming out, or just to raise it up a bit.

also, i tightened the preload and it helped a bit, but still has some sag that i'd like to get rid of.

koh0001
05-13-2007, 09:45 AM
I run a triple rate no link on all three of my bikes, and the top spring compresses just like you are saying. i changed out my tender spring and it helped some. but they still compress alittle. that's just the way it is. I don't bottom out unless I'm landing in the flats. No link shocks tend to be alittle softer but I think all shocks sage some. Your shock my need to be rebuilt and sprung for your weight. How many spring do you have on 1 shock?? How long is the shock on there now??

SET THE STAGE
05-13-2007, 06:34 PM
i'm running the stock 88-89 shock and i'm probably sending it to TCS soon for a rebuild only. i don't have the money for a revalve right now.

Slinky
05-14-2007, 06:15 AM
Originally posted by SET THE STAGE
i'm running the stock 88-89 shock and i'm probably sending it to TCS soon for a rebuild only. i don't have the money for a revalve right now.
you should save up for a full revalve, instead of just sending it to have it rebuilt...you'd be better off than waisting your money on just the rebuild.