PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Honda 450R

c0m3d1an
05-10-2007, 08:20 PM
Hi All, I am new to the forum and would like to get all of your opinions on the 450R.
I have not ridden in about 7 years and I want to get back into the sport.
My last bike was an 86 ATC 250R. How will the 450R compare to my old ATC 250?
Around my house is mostly woods with tight trails. I would occationally take it to New hampshire or Western Mass for some open pit and state park riding.
Will the 450R be too fast for the woods trails?
How is the acceleration? Maintenance? Fuel ecomony?
I really appreciate all of your info.

Thanks

Jem450ER
05-10-2007, 09:23 PM
I bought my 07 at the beg. of march. I moved up from a 300ex and a warrior and the 450R is hands down better in all catagories...big surprise though huh? Not sure how it'll compare to your old quad because i've never had the privledge to ride one. Probably would depend on how much you had done to it. I do the same type of riding, i'm only on a track maybe once a month. The only thing i did to it to make it a little easier on the trails is go down one tooth on my front sprocket(from a stock 13 to a 12; cost me 14 bucks). The motor hits in the mid-top range, i wanted a little more bottom hit for the hills/tight trails. The motor likes to rev and you have to keep'em there, it doesn't lug around as much as some of the other quads i've ridden. Its a very smooth/fast rev through the powerband, it maybe a SOHC(or as honda calls it unicam...)but she revs faster then my bro-in-laws DOHC DVX400; a arctic cat Z400. Another nice thing is that honda offers the HRC kit(haven't done it yet...will be) that is a big bang for your dollar. You get a new headpipe, exhaust end cap, cam, jets, cdi box, and air filter lid(miss anything?) and is said to REALLY bring the motor to life for only 360 bucks. Being a big 450cc i have noticed she does a little worse on gas then my bro-in-laws quad too, but they give it a big gas tank(3.2 gal. with .7 reserve). I can't really comment on the maintance since i haven't had my all that long...but it is a honda! It does have seperate cases for the tranny oil and the engine oil, just something i thought i'd mention. If i had the opprotunity to pick out another new quad there's no doubt in my mind it'd be a 450R. Hope this helps!

c0m3d1an
05-11-2007, 05:35 AM
Thanks for the reply. That was the exact information I was looking for.
Hopefully soon I will be submitting pics of my new 450R.