PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning old stains on my crankcase..

mikeman828
10-26-2001, 03:42 AM
Hey Guys, I have a 93 300EX which I am trying to work on cleaning up. The problem I have is there are some old oil
stains on the crankcase cover from the previous owner (He rode the thing with a pin-hole leak in the crankcase). Does anyone have any ideas how to clean these remains up??? They are pretty baked on..... Thnx.

:square

kc 300EX
10-26-2001, 01:36 PM
I use one of those little S.O.S brillo pads, it works pretty good on the engine and Exaust

Moto92
10-26-2001, 11:20 PM
Use a degreaser called Greased Lightning. I bought it at Wal Mart in the household cleaners isle. I used it last time I washed mine and it ate away all the baked on oil and mud stains, I didnt even scrub it. It left it looking new without any effort.

trueblue450
10-31-2001, 04:25 PM
Yeah,

I kinda let my 300 slip for awhile and got some nasty stains on my engine (yellowish brown) and my exaughst went completley brown. Then my chain got all gunky. Anyways, today I cleaned it all up. I used the 1/4 whisk(liquid laundry soap) and 3/4 water solution. You just give her a spray all over and let it sit for bout 5 minutes. I pulled out an old tooth brush and started giving everything a good scrub. To my surprise all the yellow came of with no worry and the brown started to come off. Now my engine looks new again, and my pipe is getting somewhat black. Then I took some torch fluid and poured it all over my chain and sprocket. The grease clumps came off pretty good. But make sure you lube it all up after that cuz it takes any kind of grease off.