PDA

View Full Version : JR leaving DEI

c450Razy
05-10-2007, 02:44 PM
So Whats every ones take on this?

ATV Chic
05-10-2007, 02:57 PM
Bout time. He might actually get some wins next year if he picks/gets with a good team. It's sad though that it came to that.

AtvMxRider
05-10-2007, 03:55 PM
It's been coming for awhile Jr has said himself that he will be in the black #3 before his career is up

c450Razy
05-10-2007, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
It's been coming for awhile Jr has said himself that he will be in the black #3 before his career is up

I dont know about that,

In his press conf about the subject today he was talking like he didnt really want to take the # 3 car, i rember one spicific thing he said was that "That was HIS car and HIS number"

Just the way he talked about it made ya think that he didnt want to be in that car.

NPelletier
05-10-2007, 06:46 PM
yah...i hope he has better luck WHEN he joins RCR...i doubt hell be the a 3 car...but if he is IT WILL NOT be black...it will be red..Budweiser is not going to leave Jr just because he switches teams...theyre going to hold onto him forver...hell more than likely be in a red #33 Budweiser Chevy...:ermm:

4trax250x81
05-10-2007, 06:52 PM
I think its going to be the black #3 budweiser car.

dober250R
05-10-2007, 07:54 PM
I hope he drives the black budweiser numero 3 car for Richard Childress racing. But, I have a hunch he's going to start his own team. Build the chasis in his own building and drop in Hendrick motors. And have the complete "Bud Crew" including the commander in chief Tony Eury Jr. at the helm of his pit crew.

02400exracer
05-10-2007, 07:57 PM
I think he is going to RCR and drive a black #3 budweiser with gm goodwrench as the secondary sponsor.

Honda#4
05-10-2007, 07:59 PM
I heard that he's going with a Hendrick motor, suposely they have the best engine packages.

But yea he should have switched to something else along time ago.

dave76
05-10-2007, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by c450Razy
I dont know about that,

In his press conf about the subject today he was talking like he didnt really want to take the # 3 car, i rember one spicific thing he said was that "That was HIS car and HIS number"

Just the way he talked about it made ya think that he didnt want to be in that car.
Wow, you think he'll take Harry Gants old number.

hskers82
05-10-2007, 09:18 PM
he is only going to start his own team(jr motorsports) as a last option.the word coming out is he will entertain offers(rcr,gibbs,smaller team running hendricks engines can't remember the name).chip gnassi also is interested according to AP Sports.you can bet wherever he goes he will get big bucks(he is the highest paid driver in nascar) and they will be a winning company.I would love to see him in the black #3 but I don't know if he would do it or not.budweiser will go wherever he goes and I think truex is thinking about leaving dei and following jr

87250rxrider
05-10-2007, 09:48 PM
I'm a big Jr. fan and personally i think this is the best move he could have made if he ever plans on winning a championship. i bet he will go to RCR. i don't know if he will race the number 3, and i don't really care what number he races. either way, Jr. will be a championship driver with better cars and a better team

chris46250r
05-11-2007, 05:48 AM
I'm a Jr and Sr fan also. I think the saddest part of the whole deal is a non blood relative has caused this. Jr has his heart and soul in it and she only has her hand in it. A open hand wanting money by the way. Its a shame he has to leave what his dad created.

bradley300
05-11-2007, 06:06 AM
Originally posted by chris46250r
I'm a Jr and Sr fan also. I think the saddest part of the whole deal is a non blood relative has caused this. Jr has his heart and soul in it and she only has her hand in it. A open hand wanting money by the way. Its a shame he has to leave what his dad created.

i agree. i wasnt a huge nascar fan until about 05, but even i thought that DEI was built for JR

bradley300
05-11-2007, 06:08 AM
Originally posted by hskers82
he is only going to start his own team(jr motorsports) as a last option.the word coming out is he will entertain offers(rcr,gibbs,smaller team running hendricks engines can't remember the name).chip gnassi also is interested according to AP Sports.

I think truex is thinking about leaving dei and following jr

i wouyld love to see JR and montoya teamed up, but gnassi wont get him, jr. has already said where ever he drives for, will be a chevy

i'm not sure about truex, there are 4 realistic chevy teams for dale, and i think all of them have 3 drivers, 4 is the limit

Quad18star
05-11-2007, 06:54 AM
I think this will be the best move for Jr. He's had a terrible year this year and it's time for a fresh start. Maybe with a new team behind him , he'll be able to turn things around and actually finish a race up front .

I think he might start his own team and be able to run things the way he wants them.

RaptorRacer45
05-11-2007, 07:08 AM
RCR #33 Bud Sponsered Car........its shapin up 2 be that way

Quad18star
05-11-2007, 07:10 AM
There's supposed to be a press conference with one of the other teams this morning sometime .... anyone know what time it's going to be at ???

300ex mxracer
05-11-2007, 02:40 PM
I dont think he'll be in the #3 car. he really talented, hopefully gets a better team to win a championship. DEI is gonna go down the drain now that they dont have jr any more. he was basically the backbone of that organization

Old Head
05-11-2007, 05:06 PM
I'd like to see him in a black #3.

416exriden
05-11-2007, 05:30 PM
idc wher he gos i just hope he stays in a chevy

redlineranger
05-11-2007, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by 416exriden
idc wher he gos i just hope he stays in a chevy

he'll deffinately stay in a chevy.... budweiser, nor chevrolet will let dale jr go trust me.... he is both companys icon, so i personally think you'll never see him drive anything other than a chevy. they'll keep forking out more money to keep him.

chris46250r hit the nail on the head, and spoke my thoughts exactly. i've watched nascar since i was 3, and was Dale Sr. all the way til he died, so likewise i took with Dale Jr.

what i hate is, is that Dale Earnhardt specifically said he created this company for his kids Dale Earnhardt Jr, and Kelly Earnhardt. i dont see Theresa's name anywhere on that list. she's gonna realize how bad she's fugged up when dale jr signs with RCR, or Joe Gibbs Racing.. she'll have to watch him win championships, and win races out of the all the time, while martin truex is stuck at DEI with crap cars. if JR opens his team to nextel cup, it would make my day to see him as a owner/driver to dominate the competition. either way it goes, theresa fugged up.

i hate to think this way, but i could see theresa getting re married and some jack leg having control of DEI... whatever is happening, Dale Earnhardt is probably turning over in his grave

MX300ex
05-12-2007, 06:55 AM
Originally posted by c450Razy
I dont know about that,

aggreed 100% and he also mention i wont
say "Never" imo i i think he wants to make a name for himself.

its about time hes leaving DEI. his step mom just dosent cut it and shes running that place into the ground. deff not run like when dale sr. was around

bradley300
05-13-2007, 07:15 AM
jr said he would LIKE to stay in a chevy, but he said all options are open and he will talk with ANYONE.chip gannasi has already be very vocal about wanting jr. and i think that would be awesome. arguably one of the best drivers out there ( montoya ) getting shown the ropes of nascar by a man who's father could "see air " (quoted by dareel waltrip) i think those two would be unstopable maybe not in 08 but end of 08 and 09 for sure

hskers82
05-13-2007, 11:27 AM
Dale sr always said the reason he wore the open face helmet was because he could feel the air change when someone was coming up his side.I don't think JR will race for himself(jr motorsports) because he wants to win right away and a newly developed team takes time to work the bugs out to be a championship contender.wherever he goes you can bet it will be a championship caliber team

redlineranger
05-13-2007, 08:10 PM
if Hendrick Motorsports werent at there team limit of 4, i could see Dale Jr. landing a job there...

chevy-they use em
win races-almost all of them this year
win championships-all the time

it would be so weird, seeing earnhardt, gordon, and johnson team mates... but think of the trio they would be. along with kyle busch... hendricks would be even more unstoppable.... but then again i dont forsee hendrick dropping casey mears, since there in for a pretty good contract together. but i think if Hendrick only had 3 teams this year, that dale jr. would be his 4th next year..... he along with Ginn Motorsports, RCR, Ganassi, and a few other have said they'd love to have.

i base all of this on if Hendrick only had 3 teams.. to be a little more realistic though, i think its gonna come down to Dale Jr. driving a Budweiser car for RCR, or Ginn Motorsports.

Richard Childress has said for years he'd love to have him. and just the other day Bobby Ginn of Ginn Motorsports said he'd pay any price, and get anything Dale Jr. wanted.

where ever he goes, he's gonna win championships, and races. and Theresa Earnhardt and Max Segal, and the rest of DEI will say, damn we fugged up.