PDA

View Full Version : need help 660 raptor

Kyles 416ex
05-10-2007, 01:37 PM
my friend had just got a 660 and he brought it home it will start but when you put it in gear and go to take off it sputters and dies
he took it to person and he said it had something to do with elecitcal problems. how can we fix it?

mxraptor149
05-11-2007, 11:58 AM
Search the forums for Raptor electrical/sputters...
Is the parking brake still on, or has it been removed? If so, it could be the rev limiter which is designed to not let the motor rev in gear if the parking brake is on. That's my first guess.

Is it getting spark? How old is the plug? Is the air filter/box clean? Has the jetting been changed due to a pipe or air filter mod? Could be a number of things, but I would check the parking brake first. If the parking brake is still on the bike but disengaged, it could be the sensor is still reading the parking brake as being "active." Try fiddling with this, engaging/disengaging it.

QuadManiac
05-25-2007, 03:12 AM
Check your reverse sensor connection. If it is loose or corroded, the CDI thinks you are in reverse and turns the RPM limiter on. This makes it sputter and, sometimes, die. You can simply disconnect the wire and ground it (the wire) to eliminate the issue. BUT, you'll lose the limiter in reverse and also lose the reverse light. There is also a parking brake switch that tells the CDI to do the same thing. Check them both.

fastfox
06-03-2007, 04:30 PM
where is the reverse rev limiter conection???

QuadManiac
06-04-2007, 01:52 AM
Neutral and reverse switches are just below the output shaft sprocket. Reverse is closest to the bottom.

fastfox
06-04-2007, 12:35 PM
thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!