PDA

View Full Version : kicker conversion

hendershot106
05-10-2007, 08:25 AM
IM PUMPED GUYS--------

NO MORE ELECTRICAL START PROBLEMS FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!!

PUT A KICKER AND GEARS ON MY 06 450ER,, PULLED ALL THE ELECTRICAL ITEMS OFF,,, STARTER, BATTERY,, SOLENOID,, CABLES, BUTTON, KEY SWITCH-- AND TRIMMED THE FRAME--- ITS AWESOME---- FIRST KICK SHE FIRES RIGHT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i even made the kicker work with white plastic---(i love dremel tools) .......

PS..... anybody need some spares????? :D

quadgod440ex
05-10-2007, 09:37 AM
how bout some pics of the bike since its done? Wanna see the frame and plastics ......Glad to hear you like it ..... i love my 05 cause its a kick , just wish i had the 06-07 power ... well i got enough but you know what i mean haha.

TMSmx47
05-10-2007, 10:11 AM
Id like to see it all too.. Mostly the frame part of it. I already cut my white plastics! ;)

pats2007450er
05-10-2007, 10:15 AM
what did it cost after everything.my one way bearing inside my motor is going out.

MINOR250R
05-10-2007, 10:19 AM
hello i have a 2006 er with the kick added
the bike starts great cold on electric or kick when it is cold it will fire first kick or first crank on the button does not matter if it has sat for 2 months still does great
but it finaly got warm around here about 80 on tuesday we went out and hit the track ran hard about 35 to 40 minutes and stopped then my bike did not want to start at all the electric would not do it at all and the kick took for ever and with no hot start lever it really sucked any ideas or have you expierenced this yet i would like to hear from some others who have this done and see what you think
any help i would greatly appriciate

thanks jeremy

hendershot106
05-10-2007, 11:17 AM
when its cold with the kicker i just pump it twice then top dead- and kick it -- fires right up-----

when its hot----

top dead--- kick it and on the way down towards the bottom just barely touch the throttle-----

fires right up even when hot!!!!!--

and as soon as i get a chance with a digital camera i will take some pics---- i still have to finish cleaning up the frame with my DREMEl tool---- when im back from red bud ill post em up!!!

hendershot106
05-10-2007, 11:20 AM
my sponsor PERFORMANCE HONDA of new martinsville- wv--- put the kit in for me labor free--- and gave me a really good deal on the parts--- they put the kicker gears and shaft in and i completed everything else====== it was a lil above 400 in parts--- but at least i didnt make the mistake of buying new plastic like i have seen others doo---

MINOR250R
05-10-2007, 12:46 PM
thanks
that is great info i hope it works for me as well
is there any way to add a hot start to the electric start to help it out any

again thanks

jeremy

hendershot106
05-10-2007, 01:08 PM
i dont think so without switching to a r model carb or modifying the carb--- i saw a baldwin built 07 450er converted to a r and he did not even have a hotstart because the er carb---- i am going to research it a lil bit though and see what i can come up with though--( maybe i can come up with something to work with the baldwin hot start cable from a 05??)

MINOR250R
05-10-2007, 01:16 PM
that would be great i did not think you could i believe the place to put it is blocked off

anyway if you find anything else out that would be great
my main concern is on a hill if you stall trying to hold the clutch hold the front brake then give a little bit of throttle while kicking (mine is hard because i run a twist throttle )

thanks jeremy

QuadRacer041
05-11-2007, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by hendershot106
when its cold with the kicker i just pump it twice then top dead- and kick it -- fires right up-----

when its hot----

top dead--- kick it and on the way down towards the bottom just barely touch the throttle-----

fires right up even when hot!!!!!--

and as soon as i get a chance with a digital camera i will take some pics---- i still have to finish cleaning up the frame with my DREMEl tool---- when im back from red bud ill post em up!!!

what did you do to the electrical system? because as far as i know you cant touch the trottle when you start it, it has that saftey feture. even if you dicontect and and jump the wires at the carb it still wont fire if your touching the trottle.

Jem450ER
05-11-2007, 04:37 PM
I was told not to touch the throttle, not because of a safety feature, but because of the accelorater pump on it. It's already feeding the fuel to the carb/motor and if you give it gas it floods it...But that's just what i heard from a guy, would like to know which it is...

Ward
05-11-2007, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by pats2007450er
what did it cost after everything.my one way bearing inside my motor is going out.

There was a post on here a little while back that had all the part numbers needed to do this. I went to servicehonda and entered all the numbers (21 part numbers, 23 parts) and came up with a total of $366.16.
I saved my cart if you would like to see it.

the 97
05-13-2007, 12:31 PM
get a hot start!!!!!!

MINOR250R
05-14-2007, 08:17 AM
how do you put it on a er carb the place is blocked off

any help would be great because i would love to have a hot start

thanks jeremy

quadgod440ex
05-14-2007, 12:09 PM
On my 05 ive never touched the hot start for the 3 years that ive had it. My cable is probley frozen haha.

MINOR250R
05-14-2007, 01:13 PM
I NEVER HAD TO HIT THE HOT START ON MY 2004 OR 2005 BUT THIS 2006 SEEMS LIKE I NEED ONE I DONT KNOW FIRST TIME I GOT IT HOT SO WE WILL SEE

THANKS JEREMY