PDA

View Full Version : Swingarm Troubles

RichM1983
05-09-2007, 07:57 PM
I was running an 86-87 swinger on the R and decided to put the 88-89 on and Im running into a bump in the road. I have the right pivot bolt and color that the pivot bolt goes through but I must be missing a spacer or something because theres like 1/4 inch on each side of the swinger between it and the frame. I was looking at a parts picture on bike bandit and think I figured out what I need. Is it number 7 in the picture? http://houseofmotorcycles.bikebandit.com/partsbandit/oem_schematic_view~schem_dept_id~386748~section_de pt_id~1~section_dept_name~OEM+(Stock)+Parts~dept_t ype_id~2~model_dept_year~1988~model_dept_mfr~Honda ~model_dept_id~375324~model_dept_name~TRX250R.asp

If it is does anyone know a cheaper place to get it? ervice Honda hasnt worked in that last 2 weeks so thats out unless you can call them in. Does anyone know a different way to get the space closed up without having to spend so MUCH money for two stupid spacers? Anyone have them laying around I can get them from? I will pay immediately through paypal if its what I need. Thanks for the help guys.

Also does anyone know where I can get a heli coil set? I think thats what they are called. Its a set of threads that you can put in a hole that you tapped out to make the threads accept the original size bolt before you stripped it out. I need one for a special bolt in the case that stripped the hole out and tapping it to a larger size and using a different bolt is not an option.

mc_racer
05-10-2007, 06:12 AM
Should be able to get a helicoil from Oreilly's or Napa. Make sure you know the bolt size, so they can order the right one. I wouldn't count on them to match it up. If they can't get it, the next place I'd go would be Fastenal.

RichM1983
05-10-2007, 09:11 AM
Thanks for the reply. Anyone know about the swinger?

86 Quad R
05-10-2007, 04:36 PM
i have an 88-89 in my 86 and it is a direct bolt in. you should be able to use the outter colars that are in the 86 swinger