PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got their airbox lid off and baffle removed

07250ex
05-09-2007, 07:34 PM
If so is it better then with just the lid off and how loud is it?

stew2010
05-09-2007, 08:05 PM
dont take ur lid off if its dusty or it will stick to the oil on ur filter, but if its not dusty u'll be fine.

w/ the endcap off it sounds like s***, u can compare it to the sound of blowing bubbles in a cup with a straw..lol.. u loose ur low end power but gain top..its up to u

but it is wise to leave ur endcap on and just buy an exhaust...

07250ex
05-09-2007, 08:15 PM
yeh but i cant afford an exhaust

BlasterEaten250
05-10-2007, 04:15 PM
If you can't afford an exhaust then leave it as it is. All removing the spark arrester does is make it sound like junk and its ugly. Removing the airbox lid is ok, but I wouldn't reccomend it if you are riding in a lot of mud or dust unless you like cleaning it a lot. I have my lid off right now beacuse I am usually riding by myself and I'm not drowning in dust, but when it starts to get dusty I put it on.

05-12-2007, 09:19 AM
do not take the lid off. i drilled holes in mine because i figured thatd protect it somewhat and that the seat would protect it somewhat so all together it would be fine but i was completly wrong. it gets real dirty/dusty/muddy in there really fast and its a b!tc* to clean...i think with the baffle removed it sounds a lot cooler but its all in your own opinion. i did notice a difference with the drilled holes though

BlasterEaten250
05-13-2007, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by mjpridered10
do not take the lid off. i drilled holes in mine because i figured thatd protect it somewhat and that the seat would protect it somewhat so all together it would be fine but i was completly wrong. it gets real dirty/dusty/muddy in there really fast and its a b!tc* to clean... well duh, of course there is going to be more dirt getting to the filter, you just have to use your brain on when you should use it and when you shouldn't. If you think it's gonna be a dusty riding trip, leave it on, if it just rained or is not dusty, it's fine to leave it off.

FST715
05-15-2007, 06:27 PM
I took the lid off, the choke and remove the spark arrestor, wow! What a difference.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDcxpLe81S4

Xylene
05-19-2007, 06:49 PM
Why do you let off the throttle and hit it again everytime before you hit the jump?

FST715
05-20-2007, 05:56 PM
To have momentum and keep the front end from diving. That's my 11 year old son jumping.

YFZ450Ridr
05-21-2007, 08:24 PM
take the baffle out and air box lid off and get a high flow air filter with an outerwears prefilter, rejet accordingly. this is a great set up for cheap and easy power, filters are like 40 bucks and outerwears are about 15. the outerwears is water resistant big time, and dust and dirt cant get through yet it is 100% breathable. great set up, i ride in the rain, mud, dust, w/e its fine. my dad runs this, i run it, all my friends run it.