PDA

View Full Version : HC2 Question

ShiftFMX
05-09-2007, 06:54 PM
Hey I'm thinking about getting a Hot Cams Stage 2, Can I use the stock shims with that?? I am actually asking my gf for it for my bday, is all she would have to get is the cam itself??

Flyin-Low
05-09-2007, 07:08 PM
Yep, just straight drop in... unless the lash is out when you put it in then you might have to pick up a few shims but it's no big deal. Mine was dead on when I put it in just switched from stock to HC2

-Martin

sandmanblue
05-10-2007, 01:10 PM
I didn't have to reshim when I put mine in the first time either, but others have. Make sure you measure the clearances BEFORE you pull the stock cam out - for reference, and for practice.

Then, it's a wise idea to write down the thicknesses of each shim and which valve they were used on and keep that filed away. If you do that, you won't have to worry about which one goes where, or what clearances you started with.

Also, Honda recommends to set the clearances to .006 inches intake and .011 exhaust. If you do that, the HC2 will be a bit noisey. Several people/builders are suggesting setting the clearances to .005 intake and .009 exhaust.

Just FYI

trx450jason
05-10-2007, 09:28 PM
Have you ever adjusted your vavles or how recently have you? If its been a while they will more than likely be off and you'll need to reshim. Mine were'nt even close.