PDA

View Full Version : HELP! 300ex doesnt run

282ex
05-09-2007, 02:07 PM
Ok so i have been having problems wiht my 300 for a little while now. It runs perfectly when it is just warming up, and when it gets hot it wont idle, and i have to keep the throttle pegged or else it will die, and sometimes that wont even keep it running. I can maybe make it a lap around a track going all out until it dies.
I just changed the stator and trigger coil and it didnt change at all. still has the same problem.
I then tore the carb down cleaned it out, checked to see if it was the jetting, and it was slightly rich but not enough to matter.
I have the following parts on it: Curtis sparks pipe, high compression piston, webcam, biggun CDI, mild port work, and an open airbox.
o yeah and i dont know if this has do do with anything, but i wanted to check if it was the cdi, so i put the stock one back on, and i revved it for abt. 15 sec and the stock cdi box popped and started to smoke.

Any Ideas as to what it might be would be greatly appreciated.

born2ride14
05-09-2007, 07:28 PM
jets man u need jets with the pipe plus no lid meens 132 main jet

282ex
05-10-2007, 05:33 PM
I have it jetted correctly. It has a 138 because of all the motor work it has. and it ran fine for a yr and a half with that jetting.