PDA

View Full Version : I hate Dirt Wheels

Atreyu
10-14-2002, 06:55 PM
The only thing dirtwheels is good for is looking at the pictures because all of the articles are b.s. They say the 400ex was the quad of the decade until something new comes along and all they do is rip on them. Since the Banshees debut in the yamaha lineup in 88 (i think) the have not done a single article about them besides from the dyno runs on some shee pipes. ATV sport is the way to go :D

DarkStarRacing
10-14-2002, 06:57 PM
i totally agree, there very bias towards the newest quads and products, i have yet to read any review that wasn;t good, there a bunch or idiots over there and i hate there mag atv sport all the way

4punksdad
10-14-2002, 07:02 PM
what you folks are doing is stating your opinion, not facts. You know what they say about opinions right?

CHAUNCY
10-14-2002, 07:07 PM
i like dirtwheels
There is always going to be something better that people will like
I havent really seen atv sport yet

ridered86
10-14-2002, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by 4punksdad
what you folks are doing is stating your opinion, not facts. You know what they say about opinions right?

opinions are like ****VIOLATION***** everyones got one:rolleyes:

10-14-2002, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by MrRogers149
Since the Banshees debut in the yamaha lineup in 88 (i think) the have not done a single article about them besides from the dyno runs on some shee pipes. ATV sport is the way to go :D
Thats not true almost every year they review that quad but dont you think it might get old reviewing the same exact quad over and over year after year with no change to it? I mean if you dont do anyhting to it it can only be as good as the year before. So why focus your attention on a machine that has changed very little in 12 or so years when you have new more high tech quads coming out. I know that i would rather read something on a high tech quad that an outdated quad. I think the banshee is a great quad dont get me wrong. Plus they have done a couple of articles on modded banshees.
Killer

TC17
10-14-2002, 07:41 PM
i buy them all. i think someone is buying the same mag off the same discount shelf every year.lol.:D

10-14-2002, 07:48 PM
FACT-dirt wheels sucks

thats not a opinion, its fact, all you have to do is read the mag to figure that out

eldoexrider01
10-14-2002, 07:56 PM
most magazines get paid to say the things they do about the payers quad or bike. how u think the magazines make money. u dont really think they pay all their employees with satisfaction of their magazine buyers??????

phatswinn
10-14-2002, 08:23 PM
i just ordered the subscription to atv sport a few weeks ago, its way better, and theres not all thet utility crap

10-14-2002, 09:13 PM
atv sport is good, dirthwheels and atv action shouldnt even do sport or highperformance shootouts they pic the easier to ride trail machine not the race one, like the cannibal z 400 shoot out, the z won cuz it was easier for them to ride, truth is those 2 mags are just a bunch of over the hill, untalented,overweight trail riders who just like ridin around and dont pic the better sport/highperformance quad they pic the one they can rider better becuase its slower and has trail suspension....unreal just unreall :rolleyes:

10-14-2002, 10:31 PM
They are doing a lot of advertising, so they will be the king of the next shootout at Dirtwheels. Also ATVAction, they are fools too. Come on now, the Z beating the Cannibal. The only Z beating the Cannibal is a Z28.:rolleyes: I have rode both, and I could not see why the Z would be liked better by anyone. Unless that is if you want a slower, worse cornering, not as good of a jumper quad. Things that make you go hmmmmmm.......

PhilMoore
10-14-2002, 11:12 PM
The only thing I don't like about ATV Sport, is the paper they use. Every single issue I have gotten on subscription has been trashed to pieces... :(

The articles are pretty good, but they need to be BIGGER! (More info even)

Godspeed
10-15-2002, 06:39 AM
You should re-think about what you are saying. I for one am not one that thinks it is all about advertising. Yes it plays a part but who cares. Count all the Honda, Suzuki and then Yamaha ads in a magazine. It wont be what you think.

The fact is, HYPE is good for the industry. If not for HYPE what would spur you to look at a better quad? Without looking at a better quad, what would spur sales and make manufacturers want to put R&D money into better quads?

In ATV sport industry has come a long was since 2000, just a couple short years. And now we have lots of quads to choose from. You better know that the HYPE the magazine put out is a HUGE result of that.

Black400
10-15-2002, 07:05 AM
I think that dirtwheels sucks! Atv sport is pretty good but we need a mag like the dirt bike riders have like MXmachine that is the coolest mag i have ever seen! Also none of our atv mags come with a poster inside:grr

4punksdad
10-15-2002, 05:13 PM
I am closing this thread for one reason.

you folks are bashing a magazine with no facts to back up your claims. We are all entitled to our opinion, but if you read the rules you will see this part.

3. You can discuss the virtues or shortcomings of any products, organizations, or companies in a polite, factual manner without malice.

Pappy
10-10-2006, 05:11 PM
wow, dirtwheels went from sucky to numba 1 in a few short years:eek2:

glad rule #3 was changed, it sounded like a lawyer wrote it:p I reckon if we enforced that one we would be closing alot of threads like they used to:D

troutman561
10-10-2006, 05:51 PM
Hmm seems like everyone has been complaining about the same stuff for the last 4 years, this is the second 2002 thread showing this.. funny.. good finds..

10-10-2006, 05:54 PM
I still haven't gotten my November issue:( :blah:
I don't care really...

Donkey1
10-11-2006, 11:12 AM
FREE CHOICE
DO NOT BUY IT.
DONKEY

10-11-2006, 11:20 AM
Dirt wheels pics a quad they like and after that no quad is better. They went with the yfz450. Dirt wheels is the reason i built my 400ex into a hybrid cause every thing they said about it was its slow.

450rboy
10-11-2006, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by quaddin400
FACT-dirt wheels sucks

thats not a opinion, its fact, all you have to do is read the mag to figure that out

that's an oponion you just said so deal with it

Ruby Soho
10-11-2006, 12:58 PM
i used to get dirtwheels, now i get quad