PDA

View Full Version : Need some opinions on Honda for a survey: What do you think about Honda Atv's?

trict_out
05-09-2007, 07:49 AM
ANy good thoughts would help me out a bunch...thanks

Ruby Soho
05-09-2007, 07:56 AM
Their reliable, easy to maintaine, fun, built well.

Bill Fuller
05-09-2007, 08:14 AM
Honda makes good ATV's it's the arrogant brand loyal Honda owners that I don't like.

sideways
05-09-2007, 08:17 AM
i may be arogant, but i love my honda. had a yamaha before this and love the reliability of the hondas, plus their easy to work on and upgrade

54warrior
05-09-2007, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by Bill Fuller
Honda makes good ATV's it's the arrogant brand loyal Honda owners that I don't like.

No truer words can be spoken!!!

rooster300ex
05-09-2007, 08:50 AM
To me honda is the best. Nothing wrong with other brands. Honda's looks appeal to me, i've rode a honda since I was a kid and rarely had to work on them. Reliablity is alot fo the reason honda is #1

05-09-2007, 09:03 AM
experience with other brands tells me that hond has a much better reliabilty than any other, but they lack in being on the cutting edge. the reason for that is they test more than the other companies do, for the reliability.

would i call myself an arrogant honda owner...no...but i would say i am a damn proud honda owner. there are just as many arrogant yami, kawi, zuki, polaris owners as there are honda owners.

unless i am storing it or working on it for a friend, there will not be another brand of quad in my garage.

m.h.s.c.#527
05-09-2007, 10:16 AM
idk i have a honda but i dont think that any of the big 4 are that much different

NacsMXer
05-09-2007, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by speedyquad
experience with other brands tells me that honda has a much better reliabilty than any other, but they lack in being on the cutting edge. the reason for that is they test more than the other companies do, for the reliability.

I definitely agree with this. The other brands definitely have an edge on Honda when it comes to the marketing/new hit thing aspect. Seems like Honda is always playing catch-up these days when it comes to that. The other brands all have numerous special edition ATV's, custom color plastics, frames, etc.

But i'll tell you why I like Hondas better than any other brand. It's the little things that make the difference for me. When you own a Honda, you get a sense of quality in every aspect of the machine. Placement, shapes of certain components are well thought-out and uncluttered. Things are easy to work on as well as very simple in design. I love all quads each has its own strengths and weaknesses but Honda is the only manufacturer that gives me this very same sense of quality.

yamaha250f
05-09-2007, 02:39 PM
It was said back in the day "if you dont have a wing you dont have a prayer" but I ride a yamaha which has turned out to be faster the honda's but honda's do handle better.

parkers30
05-09-2007, 02:49 PM
For the most part the cost of repair parts is much lower on the american made models, a definite plus.

I know I have spent far more time wrenching on my Yamaha than I did on my 400ex, but I think I would spend the same amount of time wrenching on a 450r.

I can say i have buddy riding a '99 400ex that is on its orginal build and the spark plug has never even been out. It gets ridden all the timeand still runs very stong. The fact that the spark plug has never been out it probably what saved it. :o

ATV Chic
05-09-2007, 03:15 PM
I wouldn't by any means consider myself an arrogant honda owner. I love both the yamaha and honda brands. I have owned both and feel that both are equally reliable. It's just a matter of preference in speed and height of the bike as to why i went with a Honda this time. The 450r was more comfortable to me than the raptor or YFZ. But i still like how my bf's 660 shifts better than mine, it's smoother. Just a matter of individual preference's i think :p

the 97
05-09-2007, 03:59 PM
i have a honda. it's a great bike...but brand dosen't matte all that much between the big 4...you can always fine the one that turns out to b crap...there is always one outhere someplace.

rooster300ex
05-09-2007, 09:49 PM
When it comes down to it it doesn't matter how fast,quick,best handling etc. all that matters is you have fun riding.

rcer450r
05-10-2007, 05:25 AM
Well you guys have all pretty much summed it up, I own a 400ex and my cousin that owns a YFZ tells me all the time how much better the comfortability is and smooth power, I am not an arogant Honda owner but I do love the Hondas!!!!:blah:

MX450
05-10-2007, 08:44 AM
I have had a yfz and now i have a 450r, and the 450r hands down is much better. It is alot easier to work on, and things on it just make sense, where as the yammi didnt.

moto04racing
05-10-2007, 12:10 PM
in my opinion hondas are the best.. the only reason we got the Z is because the 400 ex is air cooled.
But i like all brands.. Except knock off cheng pong 200.

Soon all of the quads and bikes are going to be the same with some difference in the cosmetics..