PDA

View Full Version : getting a loan?

bmennen07
05-08-2007, 09:56 PM
so ive been wanting a quad since I was younger. I had a 3 wheeler back in the day and after it got sold Ive been wanting something ever since.

How do I go about getting a loan? I only need like 1000-2000. Do I just go to the bank and talk with someone about the apr and yada yada? Im 18 now and graduation money will come and I can pay off the loan quickily and college is all paid for. Do i need to have colaterol? (sp?)

thanks.

Regular_Joe
05-09-2007, 05:42 AM
I'd just wait the month or so to see if you actually get all that cash .... skip the loan all together. Otherwise you end up w/ a lein on the title, generally need insurance, etc. It becomes much more complicated w/ a loan.

05-09-2007, 06:30 AM
i agree, wait for the money. although loans are good to build up credit, getting such a small loan and having it for a short period of time could be detrimental to your credit.

if you were to go that route though, do not tell the bank it is for a quad, tell them it is for vehicle repairs or a vacation or something. the interest rate will be lower.

RidinRed420
05-09-2007, 06:44 AM
if you have been waiting this long how come you can't just wait another month untill you graduate?? if you really want a loan, just go to your bank and you should be able to get a private loan - but since you have no credit you will likely need a cosigner, like your mom or dad... unless they have bad or no credit.